delete friends on skype windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

delete friends on skype windows 8

hii just want to ask how to delete a friends or contacts on skype in windows 8?thanks.

de.la.cruz10
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (10,651 Views)

Re: delete friends on skype windows 8

Run Skype. Under people, select / highlight the contact you want to remove >> Right Click >> Remove.

removecontacts2.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6205
Message 2 of 9 (10,627 Views)

I delete my contacts but they don't go away they just stay there I'm new to this type of Skype with windows 8 why aren't they disappearing

ChuuTotoro
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 9 (8,577 Views)

That was completely inneffective. right clicking gives me no options!

MissDent
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 9 (6,892 Views)

I don't get the options that you show when I right click. All I get is Add a Contact and Save Number

Saffergirl
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 9 (6,845 Views)

I have a contact that i want to delete, but when i rightclick i dont get any Remove command. I have also attempted to go via people but that doesnt work either. I just cant seem to get rid of this person.

Mitara
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (6,788 Views)

You have to open the conversation page with the contact. Then right click. The options will be on the bottom right.

My question is...................after I remove them, how do I remover their picture?

Ricci5
Reliable Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 9 (6,028 Views)

Thank you, that worked, but to Microsoft, I have to say this interface is TERRIBLE.  I suppose it's just TOO MUCH to ask to have a simple box with menu items that you can minimize, maximize, full screen and close with clearly marked and easy to find controls.  When you open it, you have to use that stupid hand pointer THAT'S NOT CONSISTENT WITH ANY OTHER APPS to drag it down.  Then your choices are having it take up the right 1/4 of your monitor, or completely hiding it.  Then if you hide it and want to open it again, you have to go back to the stupid Windows 8 start menu, redo the hand pointer, and THEN browse back to the desktop.  Boy Windows is clueless on interface design.   Anytime they try to do anything on their own it's always total crap, the only time they get anything right is when they copy Apple.  Oh, and I have two skype accounts with my e-mail address, becuase I had to create one for work a long time ago, don't even TRY to delete a second skype account.  Spent over an hour trying to delete the second account and all I accomplished was getting a bunch of e-mails with invalid unlock links.  Interface design F-minus-minus.

williambertram
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (3,270 Views)

You can try to install the desktop version:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.18.0.105.msi

Perhaps you will like it better.

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6290
Message 9 of 9 (3,265 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling