adding to an call in Windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

adding to an call in Windows 8

Hi,

I was wondering if there was anyway to add someone to an existing call in Windows 8 (from the App Store client), without dropping your current call and creating a brand new call?

Thanks,

Matt

Mattvo34
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 17 (15,509 Views)

Re: adding to an call in Windows 8

Are you referring to group calls?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 5988
Message 2 of 17 (15,504 Views)

right I have a group (or an individual call I guess) and would like to add a second/third/forth/additional person into the call.  with the classic client (Windows 7) I could select the contact and click the add to call button.  But it seems that in the windows 8 version if I click on a contact it will try and place a new call.  If I click on the + sign it will try and start a brand new conference call.

Thanks,

Matt

Mattvo34
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 17 (15,497 Views)

Unfortunately, you can’t group contacts in modern version of Skype. This feature is not available.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 17 (15,495 Views)

Is it coming?  Having the ability to bring in people to a ongoing call is pretty important, especially for buisness purposes.

Matt

Mattvo34
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 17 (15,491 Views)

Sorry, I have no !dea.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 17 (15,489 Views)

So Microsoft has taken a step backwards again? Is windows 8 just gonna be the new Windows vista?

mplopers
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 17 (15,203 Views)

[ Edited ]

For group contacts you can try to install Skype desktop client

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

How do I get the desktop version of Skype on Windows 8?

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 17 (15,190 Views)

No, it's just a matter of it seams everytime Microsoft does something they take a step backwards before they go foward, it just gets frustrating

mplopers
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 17 (15,180 Views)

I agree, this is really important feature.
rggammad
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 17 (14,854 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling