adding contacts on windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Accepted Solution

adding contacts on windows 8

I have followed the advice from the Skype website on how to add a contact in windows 8 by right clicking on the page then selecting the + contact symbol. There is meant to be an options menu that then pops up but all that happens is the computer search sidebar comes up. What I am i doing wrong?

Tamim
Super Aviator

Accepted Solution

Type your contacts name in the search bar.

add a contact ms.PNG

Select the contact then Click add to contacts.

add a contact ms1.PNG

View solution in original post
mog11
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 5 (4,749 Views)

Re: adding contacts on windows 8

Type your contacts name in the search bar.

add a contact ms.PNG

Select the contact then Click add to contacts.

add a contact ms1.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 5818
Message 2 of 5 (4,744 Views)

Hi Tamim, it looks like you know what you are talking about here :(y):

my problem is that I have contacts but cannot see any of them!!!  I can see my profile picture etc but where are my contacts gone, also I cannot see a way of adding them the option is just not there :sad: I am stuck on the page that tells you all about there calling charges, it's windows 8 if you have a solution I would really like it please :happy:

cyclequeen31
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 5 (3,715 Views)

hi ,

I have found the tool bar on rhs and done a search on skype with the skype name or email address but it just takes FOREVER to find anyone . In fact the little circle keeps going round like it still looking but hasn't brought up any contacts yet . Any idea what i am doing wrong ? thanks

nicky3car
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 5 (3,641 Views)

I am having trouble adding contacts to my windows 8.1 skype

geraldinehegman
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 5 (1,307 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling