Windows 8 skype Call drops

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Windows 8 skype Call drops

Whenever I'm in a call and it seems to always be when i'm in deep conversation or while playing league of legends or actually just whenever it wants, my skype call wil just drop. It will just drop my call even in a group chat mine will just drop and everyone else is still talking. To be completely honest, this is the worst "upgrade" (really a degrade) to skype I have ever seen. Windows 8 is awful and now skype is even worse, please change it back to Windows 7 style where I can just access it from the desktop. Also if you know how to fix the dropped calls problem plesae help.

corn_husk
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (2,304 Views)

Re: Windows 8 skype Call drops

You can't run modern Skype and League of Legends simultaneously. Port 80 must be forwarded for modern Skype app to operate properly. LoL uses the same port.

You can install Skype desktop client

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

and Uncheck "use port 80 and 443.....incoming connections" in Skype advanced connection settings.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6177
Message 2 of 3 (2,279 Views)

Re: Windows 8 skype Call drops

So I am having the same problem as well. Whenver i play games while in call on modern skype not the window 8 one, it would at random times drop me then reconnect me back. So how can i prevent that from happeneing? Not to mention i tried using Windows 8 skype too and it does the same thing.

SuperCharge107
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 3 (1,802 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling