Windows 8 Skype login ?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

Windows 8 Skype login ?

I had upgraded my Lap with Windows 8 and installed Skype from the store. When I try to login to skype its asks me for the "username@domain.com", I donno weather skype had a domain name.. ? So I had logged in with my hotmail account in to skype, but unfortunately I hadn't found any contacts that on my skype, which seems like a new skype id had been created with my hotmail account. IM really freaking out with this.. Can any one help out with this weird thing...:sad:

Claudius
Community Manager

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Please get in touch with Skype customer service to get your "live:..." Skype id removed from your Microsoft account. Then on next start of your Skype app you will be asked to merge your Microsoft account with an existing Skype name.

View solution in original post
Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

File a support request .

Select issue first >> Scroll Down >> Click Continue Support Request

blockac.PNG

How can I contact Skype Customer Service?

What is live chat support?

View solution in original post
shyamsrule
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 1 of 45 (55,834 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Skype login ?

Please get in touch with Skype customer service to get your "live:..." Skype id removed from your Microsoft account. Then on next start of your Skype app you will be asked to merge your Microsoft account with an existing Skype name.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 12528
Message 2 of 45 (55,818 Views)

i donno how to get in contact with Skype customer service.. I will be very thankfull to you if you can help me in this too...

shyamsrule
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 3 of 45 (55,796 Views)

File a support request .

Select issue first >> Scroll Down >> Click Continue Support Request

blockac.PNG

How can I contact Skype Customer Service?

What is live chat support?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6084
Message 4 of 45 (55,789 Views)

I just loaded Windows 8 and now can not get Skype.   What do I need to do to use Skype?

colonel501
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 5 of 45 (55,711 Views)

[ Edited ]

Head over to the Windows Store and download / install Skype.

Use Windows Store

Click the Store tile on the Start screen and then press WinKey+Q

Search "Skype" the version is 1.1.0.25

searchstore.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 45 (55,685 Views)

I had to use a different laptop (with Windows :cool: this morning for an urgent Skype call and I found it VERY annoying that I had to go through the whole process of signing up for a Microsoft account simply to log into Skype. I can't believe more people aren't complaining about this or that there isn't an easy solution.
rlschwartz79
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 39
Message 7 of 45 (51,451 Views)

You can try Portable Skype

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/skype_portable

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 45 (51,449 Views)

I completely agree.  If Skype or MS can't provide an alternative login process to use Skype on Windows 8 without creating a MS account, I'm done using Skype.

skinut63
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 21
Message 9 of 45 (49,940 Views)

I just ran into this issue, I simply uninstalled the windows 8 Skype and installed the standard one. Pop over to skype download page ignore the “Get skype for windows 8” below you will see “Windows Desktop” click on “Learn about Skype for Windows desktop” from the proceeding pop up you can download desktop skype. 

Rumon
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 21
Message 10 of 45 (47,793 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling