Windows 8 Skype Problems

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Windows 8 Skype Problems

1. Slight or great delay on receiving message/call notifications.

2. Cannot simultaneously sign in on two devices with the same skype id (e.g. PC and Android)

3. Others (e.g. less settings, options, no file transfer, call bugs).

Geeve
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 12 (7,206 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Skype Problems

[ Edited ]
There is delay when receiving messages :sad:
eiaso
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 2 of 12 (7,042 Views)

Same problems here...

And also, for some reason, i've seen that my Skype keeps getting "disconnected" even though i'm downloading and navigating the web without problems. Maybe that's the reason why the messages are delayed, i don't know.

I'll probably switch back to the desktop version of it.

Aquanauta
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 12 (6,561 Views)

Me too, and it's driving me mad. One solution seems to be to put Skype in the side bar while using any other apps or desktop - it's not exactly ideal though.

deborahck
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 12 (5,565 Views)

deborahck,

Do you have any security software installed on the computer?

Did a Free-trial antivirus come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it?
Do you have any other p2p (BiTtorrent, Team Viewer) software installed on the computer?
Which version of Skype do you use?

Try Below:

Open Skype, Win + C >> Settings >> Permissions >> Lock screen >>  drag the slider to On.

permissionsskype.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8205
Message 5 of 12 (5,554 Views)

How do you switch back to the desktop version? I've been trying to figure that out and haven't managed it yet...

WarriorArnelle
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 12 (3,935 Views)

All you have to do is uninstall the Windows 8 App Skype (right click the app, select uninstall), and then you have to download skype from http://www.skype.com

On the Skype website, DO NOT download the Skype for Windows 8, download the skype for WINDOWS DESKTOP.

And that is it.

Aquanauta
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 12 (3,920 Views)

Aha! I got it now, thank you!!

WarriorArnelle
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 12 (3,900 Views)

Hi theres... i have the same issues with Skype for Windows 8 and have installed TeamViewer, LogMeIn and Trend Micro AV software. Is there any way to solve this without uninstalling those softwares?

MarceloFM
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 12 (3,094 Views)

MarceloFM,

Try this.

Press Winkey + X >>  Select Command Prompt (Admin)

Elevated Command Prompt.PNG

Type the following commands and press ENTER.

cd\
route print >routeprint.txt

Now go to C:\Drive and open the routeprint.txt file. Post the info from it.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8205
Message 10 of 12 (3,055 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling