Windows 8 Skype App and Facebook Contacts

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows 8 Skype App and Facebook Contacts

When i run the skype app for windows 8 i can see my Skype friends and Windows Live Friends, but not my Facebook Friends.  This would be fine if the people hub showed my Skype Friends, but that only shows my Windows Live Friends and Facebook friends.  The skype desktop app would show all three.  If i even run the Skype desktop app on my windows 8 it still shows all three even though the skype win 8 app will not.

Any help or knowledge of a fix coming soon would be great.

(Skype Modern Desktop App shows Skype and Windows Live contacts)

(People Hub Modern Desktop App shows Windows Live and Facebook Contacts)

(Skype old desktop application shows Skype, Windows Live and Facebook Contacts)

Elw00t
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 17 (4,655 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Skype App and Facebook Contacts

[ Edited ]

Skype’s Facebook features are not available in the Modern version of Skype.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6255
Message 2 of 17 (4,652 Views)

is there any talk about it including facebook.  I merged my windows live and skype when i was using windows 7 and it was nice that all 3 were in the same place, now I am back to using multiple apps.  Im not a fan of this step back in functionality.

Please is there a date anything about when this will be included.  You already have the code to make it possible seeing how Skype desktop supports it and Windows Live messenger as well.

Elw00t
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 17 (4,628 Views)

For facebook you can use messaging app.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 17 (4,625 Views)

I know, the point is i used to be able to use skype for skype, windows live messenger and facebook. now i have to use skype for skype and the messaging app for windows live and facebook. Will skype support all three again?
Elw00t
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 17 (4,623 Views)

You can repost to Idea garage.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 17 (4,621 Views)

[ Edited ]

I like this idea of using the messenger, but microsoft just sent me an email saying they are shutting down the messenger. What will I use now? The messenger never even worked well with facebook, but they told us to use skype on windows 8. I only use it for facebook contacts and a few other friends from windows live...

Jeffreylb94
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 17 (4,522 Views)

Hi Tamim: Please let us know if Skype App will ever support Facebook contact; and when it'll be available. I don't want an useless app in my laptop. Can you imagine that I see 2 notifications (one from Messges app and other from Skype) every time someone wants to chat with me... I only want to use 1 app for chat, calls and video calls... but the fact that Skype don't support Facebook contacts at today, makes the App useless... don't you think ?
Spoka
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 17 (4,351 Views)

I can't believe that months after the release of Windows 8 and the Skype app this is still dragging on. Inclusion of Facebook messaging is one of the many functions which need to be included in the Modern UI app if it is going to be taken seriously.
Putrescine
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 17 (4,106 Views)

Let's discuss about the term "Modern".

vankram
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 10 of 17 (3,944 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling