Windows 8 Sending Files

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Windows 8 Sending Files

Hello guyz, i would like to ask how to send a file via Skype for Windows 8

IowA
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 28 (38,431 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Sending Files

Unfortunately, File transfer feature is not available in this version of Skype.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 5984
Message 2 of 28 (38,421 Views)

This is not acceptable. The windows 7 client can send files, but the windows 8 cannot? I would like to believe that your dedicated to removing features that are not useful, but this is not what is going on here.

Why are you unable maintain functionality?

misjudgedinall
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 6
Message 3 of 28 (38,329 Views)

Please see-

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8/File-sending-removed/m-p/1161038#M503

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 28 (38,324 Views)

Sending files is one of the most useful features in Skype... and it is not available in "the latest, most beautiful and sleekest version of Skype" :mansad:

fracnor
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 28 (37,416 Views)

Sending files is one of the most important features, why can't i just drag a file into the conversation? This feature had there to be from day one! It's really important when working with colleagues that you can exchange files. Really don't understand the reason it's not available

cyrix
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 28 (35,591 Views)

WELL THEN MAKE IT AVAILABLE THIS IS UNBELIVABLE I HATE YOU PEOPLE.

Bananashady
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 7 of 28 (34,223 Views)

Bananashady,

Use the Skype desktop client instead.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 28 (34,212 Views)

fracnor wrote:

Sending files is one of the most useful features in Skype... and it is not available in "the latest, most beautiful and sleekest version of Skype" :mansad:

When will i be able to send files through skype because i play call of duty and i need to send them to my editor through skype

aMpPurr
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 28 (34,097 Views)

Thanks for the advice. I have uninstalled the confusing, ridiculous "no file send" Windows 8 version of Skype and installed the sensible, practical desktop version from your link instead. Maybe the app developers will get the message soon and make many much-needed improvements.
shadeofgray1
Casual Tourist
Message 10 of 28 (34,079 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling