Windows 8 Audio Input and Output stops when Skype ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Windows 8 Audio Input and Output stops when Skype app is running in background

I'm trying to have a conversation on the Windows 8 Skype app while multitasking on google or in full screen games, but the audio input/output just flat out stops when not staring at the skype app window.  I cant figure out why this happens or how to fix it, and it happens so inconsistantly to the point where sometimes i can have conversations with the skype app in the background and other times i cant.  Any help would be much appreaciated.

Magnafiend
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (600 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Audio Input and Output stops when Skype app is running in background

I had the same problems with the Windows 8 Skype app. If you use the Skype Windows 8 Desktop app (not the one from the App store), it lets you keep talking even when you're playing fullscreen games.

earthiverse
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 2 (168 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling