Webcam not working? - Check here

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Webcam not working? - Check here

[ Edited ]

We've heard here on the Skype community that some of your unfortunately have trouble accessing the video feature in the Skype for Windows 8 application.

Please follow these steps to troubleshoot webcam problems:

1. Check that your system is fully up to date by visiting Windows Update: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/windows-update-faq
  2. Check for the latest webcam drivers for Windows 8.x. If the issue is with an internal camera please check on the laptop manufacturer's support page. Or check the camera manufacturer's support site if the issue is with an external USB camera.
  3. If you are reporting a problem please test the camera with the Windows 8 camera application and tell us if that works.
  4. Let us know if you are willing to be contacted by Skype support staff and create logs for us so we can try to resolve the issue.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13889
Message 1 of 110 (82,512 Views)

Re: Webcam not working? - Check here

Also please make sure that you have given Skype the permission to access the Webcam or Microphone. You can set the permission under Settings -> Permissions. 

-----
If answer was helpful please give Kudos and if issue is resolved mark it with solution for other users. Thanks!
Mart
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 211
Message 2 of 110 (82,504 Views)

I have Lenovo G585 and using built in Camera (Lenovo EasyCamera) - and getting  green box instead of picture. Tried with Logitic USB webcam - same.

CircleGuy
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 110 (34,668 Views)

mine is doing the same thing!!!!! green screen  its the only way i can talk to my husband who is Afghanistan  HELP!!

tcw88
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 110 (34,659 Views)

For all of you with green video problems, can you please post your laptop/webcam model?

Thanks

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 171
Message 5 of 110 (34,618 Views)

Green screen here on my new Sony Vaio model SVE151E11L
Posted from Apple iPhone
Quijonsith
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 110 (34,601 Views)

Green video problem on a Sony Vaio SVE1712C5E running Windows 8 Pro. All drivers up to date. All updates applied. Video is fine in other applications (i.e. Google Chat).
djpeck1
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 110 (34,593 Views)

hp 2000-bf69wm with integrated webcam truevision hd cam
dhhoover69
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 110 (34,546 Views)

New HP 2000 Laptop with integrated webcam (HP TrueVision HD camera) runing windows 8. Camera is working fine in the Metro Camera App and regular desktop but it is all green in the Metro Skype app. How to correct this issue

gkotaiah
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 110 (34,503 Views)

Sorry to hear about the webcam problem. Can you please supply feedback as explained here so we can get this issue fixed: http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8/Your-help-needed-to-fix-green-video/td-p/1244238

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 171
Message 10 of 110 (34,481 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling