Hi, I am geting this problem:
We can't open Skype. You are already signed in on this computer. Please sign out and try again.
What I can do is delete skype folder in %appdata%
Then I can login, BUT next time I start skype i get same problem again.
Windows 8 -64bit.
Skype version 220.127.116.11 (same problem with 18.104.22.168)
Any solution for this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
First Sync Your Clock With Internet Time Server.
Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit"
Press WinKey + R to open the Run window
WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)
type: %programdata%\Skype\Apps and press Enter
Rename the folder login to login1.
Again Press WinKey + R
type: %appdata% and press Enter
Rename the folder Skype to Old_Skype
Try to uninstalling Skype with Revo Uninstaller
Download and Run Revo
Right Click on Skype and Select Uninstall
Windows Installer Launched >> Click Yes
Check Advanced Button >> Click Scan
In Found Leftover Registry itms window >> Click Select All >> Then Click Delete >> Next
In Found Leftover files and folders window >> Click Select All >> Then Click Delete >> Next
Now try reinstalling latest Skype with this link:
You can make a backup by following the instructions below.
Hi Tamim, I did exactly what You said. After restarting computer same problem.
try Portable Skype
What is Skype Portable and what's the difference between this one and the regular one from Skype.com?
Thanks for the link.
I am using skype for business and personal communications for already 6 years. It was always ok.
Recently I purchased Samsung series 9 with windows 8 on it. I have upgaded the skype, uninstalled all antiviruses and bloatware (only MS defender and firewall are installed), and updated to the latest version of skype (6.0.0.xx).
From the day 1 of using the skype on windwos 8 (win8, then upgraded to Windows 8 Pro) I am getting the issues described in this thread.
1. Skype (for Desktop) opens properly and I sign in ok.
2. Then during the day I am required to switch the network between wifi, 3G or LAN and sometimes (1-3 times a day) skype appears to be online for me but I don't receive any message from others. My messages are not sent as well (the loading icon keeps spinning near my messages). It may take hours until I realize the reasons for suspicious silence.
3. As a solution I try to relogin to skype however if I sign out and try to login skype hangs.
4. After I force close the skype application and restart it, I receive the message "We can't open Skype. You are already signed in on this computer. Please sign out and try again." upon login attempt.
5. If I quit skype I can see skype.exe process in the task manager still running and I cannot kill/end it. The "Access Denied" message appears.
The only solution is to restart Windows 8, which is not an option in the long run.
I shall note that no one else in the office (running windows 7) have this issue.
Do you have a definite solution to this issue or do you know if there is a patch or an update planned by Skype or MS teams to fix this issue?
Please help, otherwise I shall downgrade to Windows 7 or get rid of Skype. Both options will be harmful to me.
Thanks a lot!
Please try disabling uPnP
In Skype, Tools >> Options >> Advanced >> Advanced Settings >> Connection >> uncheck the enable uPnP and click Save.