We can't open Skype. You are already signed in on ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

We can't open Skype. You are already signed in on this computer. Please sign out and try again.

Hi, I am geting this problem:

We can't open Skype. You are already signed in on this computer. Please sign out and try again.

What I can do is delete skype folder in %appdata%

Then I can login, BUT next time I start skype i get same problem again.

Windows 8 -64bit.

Skype version 6.0.0.120 (same problem with 6.0.0.126)

Any solution for this?

Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Please try disabling uPnP

In Skype, Tools >> Options >> Advanced >> Advanced Settings >> Connection >> uncheck the enable uPnP and click Save.

upnp.PNG

View solution in original post
mindas22
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 61 (38,111 Views)

Re: We can't open Skype. You are already signed in on this computer. Please sign out and try again.

Try Below:

First Sync Your Clock With Internet Time Server.

synctime.PNG

Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit"

quitskype2.png

Press WinKey + R to open the Run window

WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)

winkey1.png

type: %programdata%\Skype\Apps and press Enter

Rename the folder login to login1.

Again Press WinKey + R

type: %appdata% and press Enter

Rename the folder Skype to Old_Skype

Try to uninstalling Skype with Revo Uninstaller

Download and Run Revo

revouninstaller.com/download-professional-version.php

Right Click on Skype and Select Uninstall

revo1.PNG

Windows Installer Launched >> Click Yes

revo3.PNG

Check  Advanced Button >> Click Scan

revo2.PNG

In Found Leftover Registry itms window >> Click Select All >> Then Click Delete >> Next

revo4.PNG

In Found Leftover files and folders window >> Click Select All >> Then Click Delete >> Next

revo5.PNG

Click Finish.

Now try reinstalling latest Skype with this link:
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

You can make a backup by following the instructions below.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows/Transferring-message-files/m-p/944216/highlight/true#M69220

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6310
Message 2 of 61 (38,078 Views)

Re: We can't open Skype. You are already signed in on this computer. Please sign out and try again.

Hi Tamim, I did exactly what You said. After restarting computer same problem. :sad:

mindas22
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 61 (37,958 Views)

try Portable Skype

http://portableapps.com/apps/internet/skype_portable

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 61 (37,957 Views)

What is Skype Portable and what's the difference between this one and the regular one from Skype.com?

pargev
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 61 (37,773 Views)

Please See.

http://community.skype.com/t5/General-Discussion/Any-disadvantages-to-portable-form-of-Skype/m-p/112...

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 61 (37,768 Views)

Thanks for the link.

I am using skype for business and personal communications for already 6 years. It was always ok.

Recently I purchased Samsung series 9 with windows 8 on it. I have upgaded the skype, uninstalled all antiviruses and bloatware (only MS defender and firewall are installed), and updated to the latest version of skype (6.0.0.xx).

From the day 1 of using the skype on windwos 8 (win8, then upgraded to Windows 8 Pro) I am getting the issues described in this thread.

Particularily: 

1. Skype (for Desktop) opens properly and I sign in ok.

2. Then during the day I am required to switch the network between wifi, 3G or LAN and sometimes (1-3 times a day) skype appears to be online for me but I don't receive any message from others. My messages are not sent as well (the loading icon keeps spinning near my messages). It may take hours until I realize the reasons for suspicious silence. 

3. As a solution I try to relogin to skype however if I sign out and try to login skype hangs.

4. After I force close the skype application and restart it, I receive the message "We can't open Skype. You are already signed in on this computer. Please sign out and try again." upon login attempt.

5. If I quit skype I can see skype.exe process in the task manager still running and I cannot kill/end it. The "Access Denied" message appears.

The only solution is to restart Windows 8, which is not an option in the long run.

I shall note that no one else in the office (running windows 7) have this issue.

Do you have a definite solution to this issue or do you know if there is a patch or an update planned by Skype or MS teams to fix this issue?

Please help, otherwise I shall downgrade to Windows 7 or get rid of Skype. Both options will be harmful to me. 

Thanks a lot!

pargev
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 61 (37,764 Views)

Please try disabling uPnP

In Skype, Tools >> Options >> Advanced >> Advanced Settings >> Connection >> uncheck the enable uPnP and click Save.

upnp.PNG

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 61 (37,740 Views)

Having the same issue? Is this problem have a solution?

lucas14
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 61 (35,132 Views)

Problem soved. Disable uPnP solved the problem! :happy:

mindas22
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 61 (35,099 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling