Video Doesn't Work for Windows 8 Application, but ...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Video Doesn't Work for Windows 8 Application, but Does for Facebook Video Which Uses Skype

Have the same issue as others. For the Windows 8 Application (formerly Metro), Skype detects my camera (Xbox Live Vision), and I can see myself when I select the camera. When I start a call with anyone, the video turns on, and immediately turns off when connected to the other end. The other end is also not able to turn on their video.

Started Video chat in Facebook through the Windows Desktop, which uses Skype, and everything works fine.

Running Windows 8 Enterprise, everything is up-to-date.

uclacyc
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 3 (2,006 Views)

Re: Video Doesn't Work for Windows 8 Application, but Does for Facebook Video Which Uses Skype

No good. Anyway looking to hook up on a date with a pretty young women, E-mail me back at richardlandon7952YAHOO.COM. This is my first time on using this skype thing. Please tell me how to use its video chat thing. Dont even know how to use it on my ps3 game system, Its probably beacuse the ps3 dousn,t have a web cam attachment on it. But the laptop dous. Thanks.

richie5427
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 3 (946 Views)

Re: Video Doesn't Work for Windows 8 Application, but Does for Facebook Video Which Uses Skype

Hi,

Which Skype version and platform (Mac, iPad, iPhone, Android...) is other side you are calling using? 
Can you verify that they have up to date Skype version?

Thank you

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 131
Message 3 of 3 (940 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling