I followed the instructions provided here: https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12111/how-do-i-
First, I started Skype. Second, I selected my profile. Third, I selected my profile picture. However, it failed to do anything. Upon clicking it multiple times, I see a text box flash along the bottom of my computer screen that states Open or Cancel, but it disappears within milliseconds. Basically, I'm supposed to be able to click open to proceed and change my profile picture.
How do I fix this?
To change your profile picture on Skype (Windows
1. Start Skype.
2. Tap or click your profile icon to bring up the profile side bar.
3. Select your profile picture.
4. Go to a folder where you have the picture you’d like to use and select the picture.
5. The picture you’ve just selected appears as ticked.
6. In the bottom right corner of the screen, tap or click Open.
7. The new picture is now displayed as your profile picture.