Re: The new Skype for Windows 8.1 is here

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

[ Edited ]

I have tried to open an acct.  I can put in my name and password it is accepted on the web, few moments later I am logged out and when I try to reenter my password it will say not valid, I have to reset it to get on for a couple of minutes and the cycle starts over please help.  I am running windows 8.1

SloDanZer
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 111 of 148 (376 Views)

I have reverted back to Skype for Windows Desktop, do not like Skype for Win8, do not like having no say in my account being linked to the Microsoft account, and there seems to be a limit with how many times can unlink,,,and you can use it unless you use the microsoft account, honeslty that sucks. So Sorry, not going to use Skype for Win 8. 

GeminiVibes
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 112 of 148 (362 Views)

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-computer/     kakva prevara ocigledno da je MSN trebao da kupi Skyp a ne obratno jel ovo je uzas!

sundjer
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 113 of 148 (334 Views)

i have come to the conclusion the swype sucks.. you can never get help, they always send u to message board.. if anyone can answer a simple question, here it is.. when i try to connect to facebook, Help tells me to go to contacts, click ALL, then click on facebook, only facebook is not there. AND is ther a place to get swype for win 8.1.

saritab
Novel Tourist
Message 114 of 148 (290 Views)

I tried everything still can't hear them and they can't here me.

cels_floirendo
Novel Tourist
Message 115 of 148 (202 Views)

Windows 8 is seriously doing my head in

Trying to download Skype and every time I click on the link it says I already own it and can't find the link to download the app

ian.johnnson
Novel Tourist
Message 116 of 148 (183 Views)

WHERE are the technicians or managers of Skype to reply to our questions.

They are 12 pages of questions and no answers?

derbassi
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 117 of 148 (554 Views)

Re: need help with skype

Hello

I am using a Acer Aspire V5 laptop and i can use the skype from the start page but i cant switch on the camera.

They can not see me when im doing a video call. I have no ideia what to do.

Can you help me pls?

I uptaded the windows 8.1 few days ago but i tryed to use skype with windows 8 and it was the same problem.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards

Hugo Farroba

farroba
Casual Tourist
Message 118 of 148 (497 Views)

Really skype please fix this cause i am in a call for 20 minutes before it crashes kicks me out and disconnects and i know it's not only me cause my friend who just got windows 8.1 say that same thing happens so update it cause not being able to talk to my friends because of this is bs

rydog50
Novel Adventurer
Message 119 of 148 (479 Views)

I just wanted to add a comment here that Skype for Windows 8 / 8.1 is the most poorly designed software I have ever used, and I honestly hope that the people that colluded on the shoddy single sign on functionality with Windows LIVE ID, can rest happy knowing they have probably screwed more peoples personal accounts than anything Microsoft has been able to do on their own.

I have used computers for 26 years, and not once have I ever screwed myself as quickly and as easily just by being in a hurry and accepting whatever **bleep** Skype made me jump through to get on a call with my family.

Anyone who helped with this product should honestly be ashamed they work in computer software.

Fargham
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 120 of 148 (442 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling