Re: The new Skype for Windows 8.1 is here

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

[Removed for privacy]
hhhfff1114
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 51 of 148 (517 Views)

ahmad almalke

hhhfff1114
Novel Adventurer
Message 52 of 148 (513 Views)

[ Edited ]
kaleemsarwani
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 53 of 148 (503 Views)

All Skype old & new Version Avibilable Here http://www.oldversion.com/windows/skype/ :happy:

kaleemsarwani
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 54 of 148 (492 Views)

kak si

stoian.manev3
Novel Tourist
Message 55 of 148 (480 Views)

Don't forget Microsoft bought Skype. Almost everything they offer requires you to have this account now. Sad, but true. Just another way of keeping up with your usage.

CDSJr
Novel Adventurer
Message 56 of 148 (471 Views)

I honestly think it's such a step backwards from the last iteration of Skype. It has a muddier interface, it is more invasive upon my home computing experience, and it leaves me feeling frustrated with the product. I can't think of a time I've enjoyed using skype less and I'm honestly very upset that I was forced to download this update and told it was an 'improvement' please give me my old skype back. You know google plus offers all the same features that skype does for free? In fact many features that you have to pay for with Skype are included as part of the google+ suite for free. My familiarity with Skype was the only thing that kept me loyal to the product and now that Skype doesn't feel very familiar I'm really questioning that loyalty on a personal and professional level.

thisissogay
Casual Tourist
Message 57 of 148 (449 Views)

I just updated to Windows 8.1 and now it won't let me video call please someone help!

Wolf_Girl28
Novel Tourist
Message 58 of 148 (442 Views)

Does the bozo who wrote the initial glowing report on this garbage software, which was the reason for this entire string, not bother to read what the general user opinion is of this horrible version of Skype? He doesn't think that all the complaints warrant a retraction of his incorrect assesment of the software?

What's up with this site anyway? I keep clicking the option to "Email me when someone replies" but never get an e-mail.

I appreciate the links to sites where the "old" desktop software can be downloaded. Now if only I could figure out how to uninstall the Win8.1 Skype garbage I currently have installed. I know that is MY problem with Windows 8.1 - it just adds to the frustration.

David

DBoydNL
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 52
Message 59 of 148 (426 Views)

kaleemsarwani wrote:

for old version Click here http://www.oldversion.com/windows/skype/

web development dubai

I gave the kudo too quickly. :(n):

The site given in the quoted post does not give the latest desktop verson of Skype. My old computer has version 6.9.0.106. This site lists "the latest version" as 6.1.0.129. Proving once again that just because it says so on the internet, that don't make it so!

The download link for the latest desktop version (6.9.0.106) is given just below my post on page 2 of this string, where my entire prior post is quoted, and then the download link is given. Happy hunting :wink: THAT responder deserves the kudo I gave the post I am currently responding to and have quoted above. I did give him a kudo already, but can't take this one back.

David

DBoydNL
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 52
Message 60 of 148 (471 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling