Skype won't work on windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype won't work on windows 8

So Skype, gladly, came with my new laptop with Windoes 8 and sometimes it works, but mostly it just shows the skype logo and the little dots going in a circle to load and sits there. It shows nothing else. HELP.

samkwilson
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 1 of 24 (12,543 Views)

Re: Skype won't work on windows 8

What happens when you are trying to SIGNIN to Skype?
Did you receive any error code / messages?
Which version of Skype do you use?
Do you have any security software installed on the computer?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6073
Message 2 of 24 (12,550 Views)

sorry for bringing this old post back up ,but I'm having the same problem? Any solutions?

grandpawheatbur
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 24 (12,348 Views)

I am having issues adding contacts using Windows 8.0. I've been able to install Skype but when I go to the Add Contacts icon the page opens but there is not possibility to search or the typical home screen listing all my contacts. What are my next steps?

sharon_smillie
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 4 of 24 (12,342 Views)

So  I am having the exact saem problem: did anyone figure anything out? It just circles in a never-ending loop of "loading". No error signs, no security messages, I don't have any system that would block it. I don't know what version of Skype I am using--how do I find out?
I am a poor college student that has a cell phone with minutes mostly for emergencies, and I would really like to be able to call my mom through this glorious Skype--but I'm technologically stupid and no one seems to know anything of help.

AmiableAmber
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 24 (11,631 Views)

Me Too!  I follwed the instructions on "Getting Started with Skype (Windows desktop) and the first stage doesn't work--On the Skype website therre is no "Get Skype for Windows Desktop" and it's all downhill from there.  There is no service support number to call, so I'm lockd out of Skype because I can't even get started.

OldBlue62
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 6 of 24 (11,624 Views)

You can install the currently latest Skype 6.7.0.102 desktop version using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.7.0.102.msi

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6314
Message 7 of 24 (11,620 Views)

I'm having the same issue....the skype logo with the little dots going round and round.  Skype has been working on my Windows 8 computer for the past 8 months, but now for the past two days I haven't been able to get it to work.   Has anyone been able to solve this problem?

riedler13
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 8 of 24 (11,464 Views)

Thanks! This solved it for me. AND I get a minimized skype window too. Thank you so much!

izzykl
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 24 (11,409 Views)

Same problem for me too. The Skype App that came with the Windows 8 OS just didnt't work. Uninstalled it and got the latest skype version for desktop and while it dowloaded , it just goes in circles saying "signing in" for hours and hours and hours. 

Really frustrating . 

KC183
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 10 of 24 (6,225 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling