Skype on Windows 8 vs Windows 7

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype on Windows 8 vs Windows 7

Skype used to work on Windows 7. I upgraded to Windows 8 complete with the media package and downloaded the new version of Skype and all I have is problems.

I can text but as soon as I try to use the video option I get the message "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. We are collecting data etc...."

I tried everything including checking for updated drivers but the same thing happens. It crashes as soon as I select the video option. If someone contacts me, I see the video and hear the audio for a couple of seconds before it crashes.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Matador51
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 2 (231 Views)

Re: Skype on Windows 8 vs Windows 7

Hi,

Which version of Skype are you using?
Do you have some antivirus instaled?
Do you have Hamachi installed?
When you go to Settings->Permissions, are all the permissions set to on?
Can you please provide logs as described in this link http://dev.skype.com/support/logging and send them to kmudrovcic at hotmail.com?

Thank you

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 131
Message 2 of 2 (203 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling