Skype on Windows 8 Sucks

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Skype on Windows 8 Sucks

Am I the only person who thinks that the new Skype on Windows 8 is really hard to use. Why oh why can I not simply import all of my contacts I have previously imported. Trying to do anything is really hard. 

It is a great example of style over substance.

StevenUK

stevenobaditch
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 12
Message 1 of 139 (21,041 Views)

Re: Skype on Windows 8 Sucks

Better load the desktop version...

briansgriffey
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 15
Message 2 of 139 (20,999 Views)

Yeh its really hard to use .. moreover it doesnt even allow me to login with skype ID instead it forces me to sync it with windows live id , which i really hate. Also i am finding it really hard to remove any recent chats and i even wonder whether its really possible to do so or not. for a mobile device it would be fine.. but for a desktop or a work laptop this doesnt give any privacy at all ... 

Melwin
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 22
Message 3 of 139 (20,963 Views)

We all had better get used to using MS unified Live Logon. They are insisting for Skydrive, Hotmail, Messenger, Skype, etc.

zigzag3143
Experienced Adventurer
Kudos: 17
Message 4 of 139 (20,947 Views)

has to be one of the worst pieces of crapware released in a long time.  Sending and receiving files not supported? I cant use it for business anymore. Where is any sort of menu to adjust preferences or change fonts or anything? The most useless piece of minimalist Metro crap in the universe. Shameful destruction of a great service and brand by acquisition.  American business at its worst.

jaysmith93
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 5 of 139 (20,759 Views)

Totally agree with you. The Windows phone 7.5 is not any better.

lakandula
Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 139 (20,692 Views)

[ Edited ]

I agree. It does leave A LOT to be desired. It is a handicapped mess. I cannot listen to voice mail, set it up or even usually answer a call in time with this modern UI mess. I have a number through Skype, and once the 12 month term is up, I am done with Skype and on to something hopefully more useful. Thanks, Microsoft. Nice product. Frankly, the whole Windows 8 experience has left much to be desired.

stevenobaditch wrote:

Am I the only person who thinks that the new Skype on Windows 8 is really hard to use. Why oh why can I not simply import all of my contacts I have previously imported. Trying to do anything is really hard. 

StevenUK

stevenobaditch wrote:

StevenUK

davew0958
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 7 of 139 (20,567 Views)

Can't say anything about Skype for Windows 8, totally rubbish. I have just uninstalled it.
minhkhoa4783
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 12
Message 8 of 139 (20,532 Views)

It totally sucks now....we all switched to Google I talk...I knew when Microsoft bought it they would screw it up...No more DND or away options...I will never sign up with skype paid services now....brutal now.

nordic_dog
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 11
Message 9 of 139 (20,325 Views)

You can install Skype desktop client.

http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-msi

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6508
Message 10 of 139 (20,323 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling