Skype desktop and win 8 pro 64-bit on Asus N53sv

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Skype desktop and win 8 pro 64-bit on Asus N53sv

Hello,

i'm using win 8 pro 64-bit on Asus N53sv laptop. Everything is ok in win 7. In win 8 behavior is the following:

• I can't send messages to any contact
  • I can't make a test call to Echo (no sound, and can't stop this call)
  • I can't quit Skype, it is still appears in system tray with offline icon. And also can't kill skype in task manager (getting access denied error under user with admin rights.)

The only way to force skyp to work is to reboot in Safe with Network mode. Everything is working where without any issues. I can realy quit skype there.

Booting without autorun and booting without non-windows services doesn't help. The same errors as in normal mode.

Need advice what to do. Really can't work without it and want to stay in win 8 as well. Seems that a problem in drivers, but how to determine in which one?

alprin
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 22 (2,408 Views)

Re: Skype desktop and win 8 pro 64-bit on Asus N53sv

What happens if you run Skype in the Safe Mode With Networking?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6521
Message 2 of 22 (2,401 Views)

In Safe Mode with Networking skype working fine. Messages are working, also i can quit Skype (can't in normal mode).

alprin
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 22 (2,395 Views)

That's a pretty clear indication that something else running on your computer is conflicting with Skype.

From a run box type 'msconfig' and select the Startup Tab. You can uncheck the applications (disable all for testing purpose) you wish to stop from loading with windows.

msconfig.PNG

msconfigdisablenonm $. PNG

Restart your Computer.

Now try running Skype.

You can also try turning services on one by one and see what causes skype to not working properly.

Alternatively, Go into safe mode w/n look at which services are running and write them down.

Restart in normal mode run msconfig, you can disable the services one by one. Just check the services that you have wrote down and restart the computer. Your computer will restart loading only those services (the same ones safe mode w/n uses)

Check Skype if it works then you know that one of the unchecked services is causing the problem. You then have the lovely time consuming task of narrowing down which one it is.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 22 (2,390 Views)

alprin
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 22 (2,384 Views)

What are the running processes on your computer in the normal mode?

you can also run Speccy and post the info from it (save as text and remove your windows serial no.,compress and attach then)
piriform.com/speccy

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 22 (2,380 Views)

Here is speccy output: http://pastebin.com/5mzW6Pba

it is after windows reset. the only installed apps are chrome and skype. all the updates and drivers from windows updates. before this i tried drivers from asus (for win 7) - result was the same. 

alprin
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 22 (2,373 Views)

What happens if you remove the Sublime Text (sublime_text.exe)?

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 22 (2,364 Views)

Same. It's just a portable editor. Tomorrow will make one more reinstall... without any update at all...
Posted from Generic Android
alprin
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 22 (2,355 Views)

But I don't understand how is it possible that I can't kill Skype after it is not quiting in Task manager. I can kill other ones. It should be some how connected with other wrong things with Skype. and yes I can kill it while in safe network mode.
Posted from Generic Android
alprin
Casual Adventurer
Message 10 of 22 (2,352 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling