Re: Skype crash Windows 8.1

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

I am also facing the same issue of Skype crashing on startup after upgrading to Windows 8.1 

I have installed the Windows hotfix for this issue but still the problem exists. 

Kindly help me 

Venglis
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 51 of 54 (676 Views)

hggg

dovydas.veitas
Novel Tourist
Message 52 of 54 (552 Views)

Hi, I just did a fresh install of Windows 8.1 Pro on my laptop and since the get go skype keeps crashing on me. Doesnt even sign me in. I have looked at various solutions in this thread. Updated my Display drivers (i have Intel HD 4000) and installed the .net framework fix as well. Also run windows update several times but the issue has still not been resolved. Please help.

Sandhraj
Novel Adventurer
Message 53 of 54 (75 Views)

Would someone please tell me the solution. I can't make Skype calls on my Windows 8.1 Dell Inspiron 15 7000 machine. I can send IM's but every time I try to make a call, I get "Skyoe has stopped working"

Posted from Microsoft Windows RT Tablet
a-2
Novel Tourist
Message 54 of 54 (35 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling