Re: Skype black screen

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

how did you adjust the brightness?? is it in windows 8??
Jowdeyt26
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 21 of 28 (910 Views)

Hi,

Black screen of sent video? Brightness of what?

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 153
Message 22 of 28 (891 Views)

Hi, I recently came across the same issue on a customer computer that IE would just be a blank screen. It also affected Skype, that it was just a black screen. I couldn’t resolve it and had to just downgrade them to IE8 but recently I have discovered the cause as it just occurred on my laptop and another app that uses the IE control had a ton of errors come up about D3D10Warp.dll.

I took ownership of the file and gave myself full rights to it and then replaced it with one from another system and after closing and re-opening Skype I had a working app and IE was also fixed. On a 64-bit system you should put the file in C:\windows\syswow64, on 32-bit put it in C:\windows\system32 and your problem should be resolved.

AndrewFox
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 23 of 28 (785 Views)

hi,

i got the sam problem and got it solved.

1.download and install adobe flash player latest from adobe website.

2.install directx enduser runtime components

3.(most imporent)standard vga graphics adapter and other smilar windows graphic drivers should not be there in graphic adater option in device manager.install the appropriate graphics driver especially if on windows 8.

4.http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full          (download and install)

5.if problem persists install windows 7 ultimate sp1 and install all drivers.

kisana
Novel Adventurer
Message 24 of 28 (514 Views)

Just update your Display driver its should work.microsoft basic display adapter its not the correct driver so just check with laptop official website you will get the display driver

Riyas-Eastworld
Novel Tourist
Message 25 of 28 (491 Views)

After hours of trying to fix that problem(had the same), it turned out the solution is quite simple.

1. Uninstall "Microsoft LifeCam"(NOT THE DRIVER)
2. Restart your computer
3. Have fun with your webcam!

Hope it works for you as well :wink:

Yodenko

Yodenko
Novel Tourist
Message 26 of 28 (399 Views)

its doesnt work even on the windows camera aap 

please help  me 

abhilashnikhare
Novel Tourist
Message 27 of 28 (240 Views)

@abhilashnikhare, please try to install latest webcam and graphic card drivers for your OS. It seems like you have default Windows 8.x drivers installed and you should go to the manufacturers website and install proper drivers both for webcam nad graphic card.

Please try that and see if it helps.

kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 153
Message 28 of 28 (224 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling