Sign Out of Skype on Windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Sign Out of Skype on Windows 8

Why is there no sign out option on Skype for Windows 8 RT?

This has totally hijacked my Skype Business account from my desktop PC where it is an absolute necessity.  

This is insanity Skype.  

Do you really want me to switch to a Google service that badly?

thastark
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 57
Message 1 of 27 (11,754 Views)

Re: Sign Out of Skype on Windows 8

You can only SIGN OUT if you are on a local account.

Win + C >> Settings >> Options >> Sign out

The instructions will only works if you are on a local account.
https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12199/can-i-sign-out-of-skype-for-windows-8

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6287
Message 2 of 27 (11,751 Views)

I'm not on a local account.

I've read the forums.  

I need a sign out button that I can click on the home screen.  

This is called user experience.

I will uninstall Skype from Windows 8 until this has been fixed.

No further excuses from the Skype team, please let us know when this is done.

Absolute atrocity.

thastark
Routine Adventurer
Message 3 of 27 (11,749 Views)

Please repost to Idea garage

http://community.skype.com/t5/Idea-garage/bd-p/Garage

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6287
Message 4 of 27 (11,743 Views)

I really appreciate being redirected to another forum.  Given the run around.  

After paying for service I now have to change user behavior to continue using the service.  This contributes to a negative user experience.

The only thing this guarantees is my departure to one of the other call services and a request for refund.

I see this as a flaw, not an idea.  By the looks on the boards & online, I'm not the only one that thinks this way.

thastark
Routine Adventurer
Message 5 of 27 (11,739 Views)

Dear All,

I was able to sign out from skype using below steps.

Win + C >> Settings >> Options >> Sign out

Try it, it should work for you.

Note: My system is joined to domain it is not on workgroup.

Thanks,

Karuna

dkmadhu
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 6 of 27 (11,610 Views)

@dkmadhu -> you cannot sign out of Skype if you're using a Microsoft Account.  You only have the option because you're on a local account.  This thread merely requests they add the feature so we can use Win 8 as it's supposed to be used across PC's with synced settings, shared with family members etc.

thastark
Routine Adventurer
Message 7 of 27 (11,561 Views)

very true i am also having this issue where i cannot sign out of skype and i ill not use skype until there is a way to sign out obviously this is not a issue that "skype" cares about....they should want their users satisfied. 

hellopeople
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 27 (11,140 Views)

To the Original Poster and to hellopeople:

This is a period of almost beta testing the software. Yes it was released but I think you can tell it was pretty rushed. There are various bugs, but this is the launch and release of a whole new skype that goes beyond a few graphical changes here and there. The Skype team will be working hard to bring you updates when they can. Keep checking for new updates daily and the issues we are facing will be resolved.

Until you feel at home on the new windows 8 version of skype you can always use the older version on windows 7 or even your tablet device. There is also the option of using a virtual machine which you may feel is going too far to use this one application but it is new, and durring the release of new software it does take time to get it right.

Please continue to post and comment about any issues you are facing so the skype team knows what to address.

--Thank you:  Kaeli Mimms

sakuyabloodwing
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 9 of 27 (10,587 Views)

sakuyabloodwing - I'm really sorry but this isn't a beta product.

Sure there are a bunch of really poor ways to work around this issue that are not realistic.

Once again, you cannot install the desktop version of Skype on a Windows RT device.  So if you have an RT device, want Skype there really is no option unless you switch to a local account and lose all your configuration.

If this is "the new Skype" then unfortunately they will lose my business as the application they released does not do the job adequately.

Skype needs to report to us when they have fixed these issues.  I'm not going to waste time installing / updating an app that doesn't work on a daily basis.  That's just crazy.

thastark
Routine Adventurer
Message 10 of 27 (10,577 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling