Separate Skype account from Microsoft account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Separate Skype account from Microsoft account

After merging the accounts in Windows 8, the Message app collides with the Skype app duplicating ALL the messaging interactions. This is horrible! I DON'T want to chat using skype, I am NOT interested in beign called on the phone by a Messenger contact. Why in the world did I choose to merge the accounts and why can't I roll it back?????????

shadowc_ar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 9 (3,072 Views)

Re: Separate Skype account from Microsoft account

Contact customer support and ask them to unlink your accounts.

How can I contact Skype Customer Service?

What is live chat support?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6446
Message 2 of 9 (3,068 Views)

Thanks, but I can't contact support because I'm not a ""paying"" customer... The fact that I put 70 dollars into making my copy of windows 8 genuine (so not to reuse another purchased upgrade license) seems to be of no importance here!

shadowc_ar
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 9 (3,066 Views)

[ Edited ]

You are very welcome. You can File a support request .

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6446
Message 4 of 9 (3,060 Views)

How do I unlink my Skype and Microsoft or Facebook accounts? Mac Linux Windows When you link your Skype account with your Microsoft or Facebook account, you can get in touch with your Messenger buddies and Facebook friends directly from Skype. If you decide to unlink the accounts, you will no longer see them in your Skype contact list. If you’d had a Skype account before you linked it with your Microsoft or Facebook account, and then you purchased Skype products such as Skype Credit or a subscription, you’ll be able to use them after you unlink the accounts. Simply log in to Skype with the Skype account you purchased the products for. To unlink your Skype and Microsoft or Facebook accounts: Sign in to your account. In the Account details section, click Account settings. In the Linked accounts section, click Unlink next to your Microsoft or Facebook account ID.

ahmad12
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 9 (2,004 Views)

yup, that is how a user can unmerge Skype and Microsoft;

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12211/how-do-i-unlink-my-skype-and-microsoft-or-facebook-accounts

IF YOU FOUND OUR POST USEFUL THEN PLEASE GIVE "KUDOS". IF IT HELPED TO FIX YOUR ISSUE PLEASE MARK IT AS A "SOLUTION" TO HELP OTHERS. THANKS!

ALTERNATIVE SKYPE DOWNLOAD LINKS | HOW TO RECORD SKYPE VIDEO CALLS | HOW TO HANDLE SUSPICIOS CALLS AND MESSAGES

Skype-User
Super Adventurer
Kudos: 497
Message 6 of 9 (1,987 Views)

I can't login to my skype in windows8.1,with my skype account,
what can i do?

kasranakhaee
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (1,348 Views)

I cannot create skype in my computer though it was there for a long time but sometime I cant open it why?

subir1950
Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (1,312 Views)

hello. so, i need to skype name and my password please. thanks

Lions.17
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (673 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling