Screen Sharing on Skype for Windows 8.1

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Screen Sharing on Skype for Windows 8.1

[ Edited ]

I´m not sure if there's something I'm not doing right but I can't seem to find the fay to share my screen on my new ultrabook. I use skype a lot a I use screen sharing on almost every call. Does anyone know how to do this??

Saguerraty
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (21,726 Views)

Re: Screen Sharing on skpe for windows 8.1

[ Edited ]

Screen sharing is not available on the modern (metro) version for Windows 8/8.1. If you want all Skype features to be available then you may install the "normal" desktop version. The currently latest Skype 6.10.0.104 version can be installed using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.10.0.104.msi

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6318
Message 2 of 9 (21,722 Views)

Re: Screen Sharing on skpe for windows 8.1

Oh, you can't be serious. Way to go Microsoft! "Microsoft: Working Hard to Make the Easy Things Just a Little Bit Harder..."

pete09
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 3 of 9 (20,596 Views)

Re: Screen Sharing on Skype for Windows 8.1

I have a brand new ultrabook with win 8.1 pro. I ordered premium account to have a videocall with screen sharing. And now I learned this feature is not included. 

PLEASE inform this in the premium account description!!!

williamwave
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 9 (18,947 Views)

This is almost comical when you think about it...if it werent such an issue. I cant even remotely understand WHY that woudl be the case, but no...8.1 windows version does not offer screen sharing. Evidently, microsoft has taken the next step in protecting its customers from virus and scam ware...they keep them from interacting with the internet :wink:

jpme226
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 5 of 9 (17,663 Views)

I don't think it is comical, but a clear statement that their focus is now on devices and not desktops. I can't think of a need to share my screen on my iPad.

glebovitz
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 9 (12,371 Views)

In that case you're probably not thinking hard enough :wink:
Klokie
Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (10,568 Views)

Its a bad idea :bigsmile:

jangirashok
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (8,068 Views)

When your are teaching using an app/program (akin to Lecture Notes or even Paint), and need to write mathematical symbols quickly - screen share is ideal. This hurts remote instruction immensely. Way to go Skype and Microsoft...sigh.
Posted from Samsung SM-N900V
mathleopard
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 9 (2,725 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling