Re: Not starting automatically

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Thanks for the tip there is a Metro version and a desktop version of Skype for Windows 8, will try the desktop version. Not autostarting defeats the purpose of a messenger program. It should be an option. I can't even find where to add a contact, I had to initiate that from the contact's end, fortunately I had remote control of their computer to do so. 

CanadaGuy
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 11 of 15 (667 Views)

It's taken me a while to realize that the "Modern" Skype App doesn't startup automatically, this has cause me quite a few missed calls, especially after a windows-update mandated restart!

Windows 8.1, and there's still no option to start the App automatically.  Isn't Skype a Microsoft property now? How can this basic feature still be missing?

bendrexl
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 12 of 15 (602 Views)

Hello guys at Skype?

This is November, this issue is pinned since 8 months already and many updates have been released that omitted to tackle this key issue. How am I supposed to set Skype as my #1 app if I dont receive the messages that friends send to me, or if I miss a call even when my tablet is on - if I didn't launch the metro app?

I like Skype because it runs all-platforms and is still the most reliable when it comes to communication quality.

However by not reacting quickly to these ergonomics flaws (this and contact lists merging for instance, also valid on Android), you're truly giving up your advance to other services such as Line, Whatsapp, Viber, and so on.

Thanks for your prompt reaction.

RomDafrog
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 13 of 15 (558 Views)

Apple seems to have gotten this right with its first iteration of Facetime on iOS devices.  Not sure why Microsoft has gone on this long without Skype not starting automatically, to allow seemless video chatting.

poortom1005
Novel Tourist
Message 14 of 15 (426 Views)

Thank you so much for your solution. My settings were a little different, but the task still works perfectly! thank you again :bigsmile:

bellap
Novel Adventurer
Message 15 of 15 (353 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling