Need old style Skype version for Windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Need old style Skype version for Windows 8

Having problems in Windows 8 Skype version. 

1. How do I create a group. There is no option to create any group. How do we do it?

2. How do you log out of the Skype on this new version for Windows 8.

3. Is there any option to change the user interface to old version look and feel.

Thanks.

BTGroup1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 26 (34,548 Views)

Re: Need old style Skype version for Windows 8

Unfortunately, the answer is NO.

You can’t group contacts in modern version of Skype.

Please See-

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12199/can-i-sign-out-of-skype-for-windows-8

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6095
Message 2 of 26 (34,543 Views)

[ Edited ]

Go to localtech.gidblog.com - there's a way to install the old version of Skype there. 

Asitha
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 3 of 26 (34,402 Views)

Deinstall Win8 app. Goto skype.com. Select download, select desktop version (instead of win8 version). The installer should automatically choose the version that works for your windows (tested with win8 64bit).
Chilli71
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 12
Message 4 of 26 (33,544 Views)

[ Edited ]

Asitha wrote:

Go to localtech.gidblog.com - there's a way to install the old version of Skype there. 

Thank you so much! This worked perfect and is a lifesaver. Much appreciated!

tbag
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 5 of 26 (30,252 Views)

Big thanks man. You're a genius. I hate new styled Skype for windows 8 – it's terrible. In-fact I even switched back to win7 just for that reason until you said about the desktop version being available on win8 - Awesome. Windows 8 is pretty good with pokki installed to get your start button back and desktop version of Skype. Cheers.  

cj2013
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 6 of 26 (24,738 Views)

Chilli71, your advice was a lifesaver. Thank you!  I rely on Skype for business, and life came to a screeching halt when I tried to navigate the new Skype for Windows 8.  The redesign is a complete misery (a bit like Win:cool:.

rabsieb
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 26 (24,714 Views)

You saved my life
jason.vansever
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 26 (22,417 Views)

This is by far the most disgusting Windows sins I been using a computer , Nothing works , I cant have access to skype anything i try is not working, can't get the icon on the desktop. I am about to puke all over the place ! DISGUSTING I AM sweetching to Apple , at least I don't need to learn how to use a computer again. Windows 8 is disgusting!!!

Nikola.atkov1
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 9 of 26 (21,906 Views)

[ Edited ]

The reason why you can't put the app on your desktop is because it's not a desktop app. Everything in the windows store will be in your start menu. It really isn't that hard to use, Microsoft just made the focus of the OS, the start menu. Microsoft is also releasing a new update which will allow you to use your desktop as the main focus and you will have a start menu button once again, so calm down. Switching to apple won't help anything. Instead of you know, downgrading to windows 7, you're going to go and buy a 1000 dollar laptop/desktop. Perfect sense right?

edited to meet guidelines

http://community.skype.com/t5/Suggestions-for-this-Community/Skype-Community-Guidelines/td-p/20

Posted from Apple iPad
Joshisashark
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 26 (20,171 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling