My skype account will not log out with Windows 8.....

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My skype account will not log out with Windows 8...

Here is my problem. I have looked up what I cant o be able to sign out of skype using Windows 8. I have changed my user to local, I have changed to a different login on windows 8 with a different skype and I am still logged in. There are no other devices running skype on them under that name but it remains on. I have even logged completely out and removed the hard drive, it is sitting on my dresser and it is still logged in. I have people thinking that I am ignoring them and it is actually causing personal problems that I have to sit there and explain that this stupid always on option WILL NOT LET ME LOG OUT! There are 3 devices in my house able to run skype and all 3 are logged into a different skype user name and there is absolutely nothing running that skype name on it. What do I do? I still want to use the account but if I cant get it to log out and people dont actually know if I there or not.

Byshop000
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 3 (1,593 Views)

Re: My skype account will not log out with Windows 8...

Sign Out option is available only if you are on "Local" account.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8/Important-logout-problem/m-p/1190708/highlight/true#M1605

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6095
Message 2 of 3 (1,588 Views)

Re: My skype account will not log out with Windows 8...

Yes,the same problem was with me even i had a local account.So i find a way.

1.Go to your Win 8 skype..(that should be always on :sad:)

2.Bring ur cursor to upper right corner.

3.When the profile sider bar appears,go to settings.

4.There will be,on top,ur id with the sign out message.

5.Sign out and have a sigh of relief.

6.Tell me if u secceed.

email:[Removed for privacy]@yahoo.com

Facebook:[Removed for privacy]@yahoo.com

Goodluck:(y):

Jazzy250
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 3 (674 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling