Minimizing Skype Windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Minimizing Skype Windows 8

Hey guys, 

Just got a quick question, I recently got a new laptop with Windows 8 and Skype came pre loaded in my start menu. I'm not a huge computer guy, but I have used Skype numerous times on older laptops with no problems. On my older laptops I could be having a call and when I minimize the Icon a smaller screen of the person I was talking to would show up in the corner of the screen, so I could search the web or type an essay but still see the person I was talking too in one of the corners of the screen. I havent been able to figure out how to do this with the Windows 8 version because in order to get to the internet i have to go back through the start bar and click on the google chrome app. I was wondering if there was a way where I could just minimize the skype conversation so the Skype home screen wouldnt be there, but I could still see the person I was talking too in one of the corners of the screen. Sorry if this is a stupid question, but thanks in advance!

dkingston10
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 8
Message 1 of 27 (29,178 Views)

Re: Minimizing Skype Windows 8

I have the same problem. did you ever get an answer? I've had to use the task manager to even get out of Skype. and why full screen. how to get out of that? thanks for answer.
joydupont
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 2 of 27 (29,114 Views)

Did u figure out how to minimize on w-8
bertstidham
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 27 (29,082 Views)

Press WinKey + M to minimize the Skype app window

WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)

winkey1.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6518
Message 4 of 27 (29,073 Views)

Tamim, they dont want to minimize only, they want to continue the calling and chating noises with minimized skype.
rodolfobitu
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 5 of 27 (29,044 Views)

Is there an answer anywhre to this question?

jrlandress
Casual Tourist
Message 6 of 27 (28,845 Views)

I have wonder  this myself, has anyone got the right reply?

viperjess1
Casual Tourist
Message 7 of 27 (28,816 Views)

Same issue here. All my buddies use skype but are not running windows 8 and they can minimize and talk while playing games. Windows 8 apparently is not allowing this?> any fixes yet

Joeyg720
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 20
Message 8 of 27 (28,027 Views)

http://www.skype.com/en/download-skype/skype-for-windows/downloading/

Found it, you gotta download the desktop app 

Joeyg720
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 20
Message 9 of 27 (28,023 Views)

Thank you for sharing this link - PERFECT!  Yay, I have my old - and better - Skype back!

Lapadee
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 5
Message 10 of 27 (27,258 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling