Mic not working on surface rt

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Mic not working on surface rt

I Just got a new Microsoft surface rt. When I open skype it looks like I need to use the sound test service before I can call friends. When I try the sound test it says my microphone has a problem. The settings look right and it works in other applications. Can you please help me, because I love skype and this has to work. Thank you.

Eugene.Rice
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 9 (2,793 Views)

Re: Mic not working on surface rt

I have the same problem, bought Surface for Skype and it doesn't work!? It is a shame that Microsoft sells this thing for that much and couldn't even make Skype work! And this was the reason I bought Surface.

DrMar
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 9 (2,758 Views)

[ Edited ]

It would be nice for skype to reply :manfrustrated: on mine every time I plug in my earphones the person I am video chatting with can not here me, an when I unplug earphones they still have no sound, everyones is useing the latest version of skype. HELP!!!!!

dreamnetworks
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 9 (2,460 Views)

I got this issue trying to perform a video conference with surface RT the error message was "no mic found" or error with mic. and i can not perform the video conference. i tried bluetooth headset, usb headset and nothing works.

schwarze_wolke
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 9 (2,405 Views)

I have the same problem and would like a solution. Thanks.

Posted from Microsoft Windows RT Tablet
GabyElliot
Casual Tourist
Message 5 of 9 (2,333 Views)

same here! i cannot figure out this mic thing and it would be very nice if i could use it. ergh.

britnicalex
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 9 (2,233 Views)

Please uninstall your skype app feom your surface and then Re-Install them again. While uninstalling please select the option to remove skype from all.

After installing it open the Skype app and select allow for everything. It will ask you for using your surface mic and camera. Please select Allow for everything and it will works now.

Vino123
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 7 of 9 (1,900 Views)

Please uninstall your skype app from your surface and then Re-Install them again. While uninstalling please select the option to remove skype from all.

After installing it open the Skype app and select allow for everything. It will ask you for using your surface mic and camera. Please select Allow for everything and it will works now.

Vino123
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 8 of 9 (1,899 Views)

[ Edited ]

There's no need to reinstall skype if the mic and/or video isn't working on windows rt.

A simple solution to the no mic problem:

1. Go to PC settings (you can search for it on the home screen)

2. Then go to "privacy" tab on the left hand side

3. Then go to "microphone" tab on the left hand side

4. Make sure the "let apps use my microphone" is set to "yes" on top

5. And underneath set "skype" to "on"

To allow skype to use your webcam on windows rt follow steps 1 & 2

on step 3. Select "web cam"

4. Make sure the "let apps use my webcam" is set to "yes" on top

5. and then underneath set "skype" to "on"

These will change the settings to allow skype to use the built in webcam along with the built in microphone for windows rt.

Tested on 3/28/2014

jkcthegeek
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (455 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling