Re: I do not want full screen

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Attention crazy people:

The app you really want is called "Skype for Windows Desktop" and you can get it just like normal from www.skype.com -- It works just like you were always used to.

The app you are using is called "Skype for Modern Windows" - it is made for tablets and is built-in to Windows 8. Just uninstall it... but you can imagine that it works well for touchscreens, so of course it's going to be full-screen... how can you blame the devs for this? 

If anything, I would blame the staff who replied to your answer and didn't explain why this app is fullscreen and that there is a normal desktop version like everyone wants. It's just a separate download :happy: 

mirthless
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 41 of 44 (244 Views)

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!

Eric

“Five exclamation marks, the sure sign of an insane mind.”
Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

Hexalobular
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 42 of 44 (234 Views)

[ Edited ]

hmm i have this same prob so thanks but just one thing you could of suggested a way round this problem if you know one ? or you could have said you had know idea how to get round it 

this is meant for the person who replied first a staff mod 

http://community.skype.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/9670

lanyeo
Novel Tourist
Message 43 of 44 (198 Views)

This full-screen thing is so annoying - the Surface 3 is supposed to be a laptop, and does anyone want to have their whole screen [or half of it] taken over by Skype or anything else? ... luckily there's an easy solution - go install Skype for Desktop.

kimwarren
Casual Tourist
Message 44 of 44 (117 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling