How to remove a Skype contact which does not appea...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

How to remove a Skype contact which does not appear in People?

[ Edited ]

I have added through the Skype application for W8 a Skype contact which seems to have a google messenger or live messenger account or something like that so that I have two different records for the same person both in Skype and in People while added only Skype's one.

After I've deleted the GM's one it has disappeared in People but still remains in Skype. How to get rid of it?

Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Run Skype. Under people, select the contact you want to remove >> Right Click >> Click Remove.

deletecontactmui.png

View solution in original post
Kacharava
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 29 (25,386 Views)

Re: How to remove a Skype contact which does not appear in People?

Run Skype. Under people, select the contact you want to remove >> Right Click >> Click Remove.

deletecontactmui.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6518
Message 2 of 29 (25,381 Views)

[ Edited ]

It disappears from People only that way. But still remains in Skype.

Oops... Sory I thought you were talking about the People app.

Thanks, it worked out with a little correction that one has to enter into the contact, then right click and then chose Remove from the bottom right.

Kacharava
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 29 (25,379 Views)

You are very welcome.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 29 (25,371 Views)

When I right click on a contact I have no remove icon to initiate the removal of the contact

rogeryyc1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 5 of 29 (24,584 Views)

First click on that contact >> Right Click >> Remove.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 29 (24,579 Views)

On my Mac I can right click a contact and I see the "Delete" option at the bottom but it is greyed out and I can't delete the contact.

As separate entities I loved both MSN and Skype but as somebody else pointed out on another similar thread MSN is for chatting, Skype is for more serious stuff. If Micro$oft insist on depricating MSN I can see me dumping both, especially since more of the people I talk to are going onto Facetime.

AlexBailey
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 7 of 29 (20,760 Views)

When I right-click on a person within the Skype app on Windows 8 there are no options to have this contact removed. I'm at a loss here.

DutchinSeattle
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 29 (18,702 Views)

I found trying to manage a Skype account on Win 8 a nightmare..& in a brief moment of inspiration thought to use my iphone app . No advice needed it is all intuitive & took me a minute. Good luck. 

BrianMCarr
Casual Tourist
Message 9 of 29 (18,206 Views)

I Tried this it didn't work what else should I try ???????????????
Tamim wrote:

deletecontactmui.png

I
tried this it didn't work though what else should I try ????????

skype_chloe
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 29 (17,509 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling