How to close my skype account

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How can I close my skype account please? What must I do?

Avanti
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 7 (1,400 Views)

Re:

xxxxtony4u
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 7 (1,270 Views)

Re: How to close my skype account

i want to close my skype account permanently

789mno
Casual Tourist
Message 3 of 7 (771 Views)

Dear Readers,

Please review the information in this FAQ article:
Can I Delete My Skype Account?

and then please contact Skype Customer Service to file your request as indicated in the instructions.

Regards,
Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1956
Message 4 of 7 (744 Views)

I am the widow of a subscriber.  My husband died in 26 Nov 2011 but his account is still active with a small balance.  I wish to close his account but do not find anywhere in Skype that provides a link to write to them about this.  Please help in how to do this!!

kpadmanabhan
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 7 (222 Views)

Hi, Kpadmanabhan, and welcome to the Community,

Please accept my condolences for your loss.

I just tested contacting Skype Customer Service, clicking on the link in my post, above, and after signing in I chose the Account and Password option and then Delete an Account.  I skipped past the FAQ offer called 'Can I delete my Skype account?' and clicked Next - and was immediately provided an option to start an instant message chat with a customer service representatative.

Please expect to be asked to provide documentation such as a certificate of death or other similar papers in order to request the refund of credit and to remove the account.

Regards,

Elaine

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1956
Message 6 of 7 (208 Views)

Thx Elaine for your reply.  However, that exactly what I did't know how to do.  How to get to Skype Customer Service in the first place?

By the way, kpadmanabhan was actually my late husband's name, I have to use his name because I was in his account when an automatic email message came into his in-box from Skype stating his account will become inactive, etc. due to its non-active use for so long.  In order to get a message into the Skype Community, I was asked to give a sign-in name, therefore I did it.  I am his widow, and my name is Sophie Smith.  I do have his death certificate of course.

kpadmanabhan
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 7 (198 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling