How to change port?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

How to change port?

Hi,

I've just downloaded the Windows 8 version of Skype, and I cannot find any settings for changing network settings and port.

Where can I find these settings?

Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Unfotunately, these options are not available in the modern version of Skype. WWAHost.exe (modern Skype) use port 80 by default.

View solution in original post
stilero
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 35 (43,094 Views)

Re: How to change port?

Unfotunately, these options are not available in the modern version of Skype. WWAHost.exe (modern Skype) use port 80 by default.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6310
Message 2 of 35 (43,091 Views)

Wow, that will be a really big issue for many users. Especially in the business category.

Unfortunatelly Skype must then be uninstalled, since it conflicts with other applications. To bad, but there are alternatives.

stilero
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 35 (43,087 Views)

[ Edited ]

You can use the Skype desktopUI instead it.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6310
Message 4 of 35 (43,081 Views)

Are you serious? The new skype is already installed by default on most of the windows 8 pcs. It also really looked great. Many great improvements compared to previous skype. But what! No settings! The only thing you are able to configure is your password!

There has to be some kind of update in progress that corrects this problem? I know that there are many companies that works for exalemple on the web development field and the developers used to communicate with skype. If the port 80 (Using port 443 too?) is in use and they cant be able to change it they wont be able to use this new version of skype! What a huge fail from skype developers!

We should not accept this "Unfotunately not possibel to configure default port" as a solution for this issue. Instead this problem should be fixed! Otherwise developers has to learn to communicate by speaking and I bet you guys know how far we are from that point!

anssi
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 13
Message 5 of 35 (41,990 Views)

This does pose an issue for us me and a few programmer colleagues - we used skype to chat between a us programmers but it also interferes with running xampp locally. It is more a pain to edit xammp to work on a different port because of browsers.

I consider the choice of Skype to use port 80 as a failure in good judgement and the inability to change the skype port now a downgrade. We will most likely migrate off of skype if there is a better alternative. 

jjchinquist
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 6 of 35 (41,353 Views)

i hope new upgrade will be released soon. :(y):

apis17
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 35 (41,157 Views)

+1 to get this added ASAP.

Conflicts with local web server and is going to affect every web developer out there running Win 8, Skype and WAMP. Why is Skype on port 80 to begin with when this is traditionally a web server port?

Jeffski
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 35 (41,001 Views)

Not sure why none of you could manage this but Skype >tools>options>advanced>connections > untick use port 80 and 443 as alternatives - restart skype. Hope this helps 

Gervate
Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 9 of 35 (38,702 Views)

That is correct for the Desktop version of Skype. As far as I can tell there is currently no way to change this setting in the Windows 8 App (Modern UI) version of Skype.

Jeffski
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 35 (38,694 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling