Re: How do I delete my skype messages

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

How do I delete my skype messages

I've just got a new laptop and its got windows 8 on it and skype was already installed on it before I got it. So when I went on it I used skype straight away. I am now trying to delete my chats and I have no idea how. I don't have an options button or a tools button. So how do I delete my chats?

laurenfellowes1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 6 (4,661 Views)

Try SkypeX: http://bryancockerham.com/skypex-delete-skype-messages

It allows you to delete messages one by one from Skype. I haven't tried on Win 8 yet, but it works well on Win7. 

RobbiePenn
Reliable Adventurer
Kudos: 9
Message 2 of 6 (4,643 Views)

Try Below:

Run Skype >> Win + C >> Settings >> Options >> Clear History.

settingsms.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6518
Message 3 of 6 (4,628 Views)

I was so frustrated with this this morning that I almost threw my laptop out the window.  And the tech support woman was of no help to me.

You have to move your mouse all the way over to the bottom right of your screen, you'll see the power settings devices share search stuff.  click settings.

then privacy.

then you'll see where you can clear the history.

Good luck.  :happy:

rootjk77
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 6 (3,515 Views)

deleting chat history can be done via the following steps:

Tools

Options

IM & SMS

then clicking on 'clear history' & 'save'

this will remove everything, and also note that it is only removed from your skype account, the conversation is still visible in the recipients skype account

to remove specific messages that will also be removed from the recipients account, you can highlight the text and choose 'remove', this however can onnly be done for what you have written, and also seems to have a time limit (i was unable to remove old messages in this way)

Hope this helps

ontherun
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 6 (2,454 Views)

on google it saids i can delete my message on skype but i cant figure it can u walk me through on how to delete them plz

stephensanders7
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 6 (2,334 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling