How do I change the dictionary language in the met...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Accepted Solution

How do I change the dictionary language in the metro app

Hi all

I'm using Windows 8 with the display language set to english. Now when I use Skype the app picks up on this and uses an english dictionary for spell checking. This would be fine if not for the fact that I'm danish and are getting very annoyed with the red lines telleing me I can't spell.

So... Does anyone know where i can change this setting and is it a Skype or a Windows setting?

/Allan

Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

0 Kudos

Unfortunately, not. You have to change systems default language.

View solution in original post
alhami
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 9 (1,912 Views)

Re: How do I change the dictionary language in the metro app

Skype apps uses Windows settings.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6300
Message 2 of 9 (1,906 Views)

I figured that, but is there no way to change the dictionary used without changng the display language?

/Allan

alhami
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 9 (1,901 Views)

Unfortunately, not. You have to change systems default language.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6300
Message 4 of 9 (1,899 Views)

Wow this completely sucks it's so **bleep** annoying! I hate that it won't stop correcting me!!!! Is there a way to at least turn autocorrect off? Or make it stop?! I speak 3 different languages with people from all over the world! It's extremely annoying that I have to constantly be corrected over little things because I typed them right but skype corrected me to english! It needs to stop!! x) There haaaaasss to be a way! 

AngieMel
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 9 (1,627 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I had same problem.
Just set up 3 different keyboard, go control panel -> language (i use view by small icons) -> add language -> find your language -> then option on that language -> there click "add an input method" and choose your native keyboard layout (don't forgot remove native layout for that language :wink: ).

That's it. You can change language correction just by hitting win key + spacebar and autocorrection will change but your native layout will stay ^_^

enjoy the day!

kovar91
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 6 of 9 (1,602 Views)

[ Edited ]

i have the same problem here and m using a macbook. any ideas on how i can change or turn dictionary off?

jc12
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 9 (1,308 Views)

Brilliant!!!!

Ieml
Novel Tourist
Message 8 of 9 (310 Views)

I wonder how Tanims answer can be marked as Accepted Answer - when this is a much more constructive and usefull answer.

Well done Kovar91 :happy:

Posted from Microsoft Windows RT Tablet
hhbrandt
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 9 (164 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling