How can I logout my acc skype on win 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

How can I logout my acc skype on win 8

Yeah, i think i got a big problem, i just used skype yesterday, after i installed skype on win 8, i accessed and skype showed me 2 options, already have acc skype or create new, i chosen new  and next, because i think i could get a new acc skype from this process, but it used my acc on win 8 was like an new acc skype. Thats a problem. After that, i created another acc skype on website skype( this acc), i try to logout to access a new acc but i dont know how, anybody can help me? Thank you so much :bigsmile: 

qnzenx
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 11 (14,987 Views)

Re: How can I logout my acc skype on win 8

I actually found it a little hard to follow and understand your problem, but let me take a stab at a solution.

When running Skype, click on Skype > Sign out.  Then sign back in with the Skype name and password you want to use.

Does that do what you're trying to do?

Please note: I do not respond to requests for help via Private Message.
g4pilut
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 1889
Message 2 of 11 (14,976 Views)

I click on skype and it does nothing.

dualopamp-compu
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 11 (14,961 Views)

seems like no way to logout the new skype for windows 8 (modern/metro/touch version), even uninstall/reinstall… hmmmm still searching how to…

UCCOFFEE
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 11 (14,946 Views)

win8 skype app how to sign out?

Here is how to sign out windows 8 skype app. Start Skype and when app is running move your pointer to upper right corner of screen. On left side there will be a menu (Search Share Start Devices Settings). Click on settings then on Options. On the next screen you will be able to sign out as well as to change your settings.

petum84
Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 11 (14,273 Views)

Re: win8 skype app how to sign out?

The instructions will only works if you are on a local account.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA12199/can-i-sign-out-of-skype-for-windows-8

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 8138
Message 6 of 11 (14,258 Views)

paedow
Novel Adventurer
Message 7 of 11 (13,187 Views)

This is how I solved this problem:

Install Skype for desktop, from any site. Go to apps page, click right with the mouse in the Skype app and uninstall. You will than have a Skype program that you can sign out and even close it. 

almirante1948
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 11 (11,830 Views)

[ Edited ]

You have to install the app and the when you redownload 

it,accept the allow to use mic and camBut the second one 

talks about allowing to run push the block on that one,

and then when it installs you will have the signout button

Added paragraph returns so entire post can be read.

BrittneyCurtis
Novel Adventurer
Message 9 of 11 (8,981 Views)

[ Edited ]

qnzenx wrote:

Yeah, i think i got a big problem, i just used skype yesterday, after i installed skype on win 8, i accessed and skype showed me 2 options, already have acc skype or create new, i chosen new  and next, because i think i could get a new acc skype from this process, but it used my acc on win 8 was like an new acc skype. Thats a problem. After that, i created another acc skype on website skype( this acc), i try to logout to access a new acc but i dont know how, anybody can help me? Thank you so much :bigsmile: 

I had the same problem

Quick solution: When in the app put pointer in top right corner and go to setting, click account and you'll see the sign out button. It worked for me hope it does the same for you (^_^)

Tuchi3
Tourist
Message 10 of 11 (7,754 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling