Delete contacts in Skype windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Delete contacts in Skype windows 8

Windows 8  Skype is a joke. 

There are no tab to manage contacts in particular to delete or to block a contact  temporarly etc. 

Only to add contacts. No history button. No indication of contacts beeing online or away. 

I am totally lost as this new skype is only half as good as the old one.

Can any one help? Mayby there is something hidden that i can not see. Or Windows has lost the plot with Skype for 8. 

wwludwig
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 1 of 5 (2,534 Views)

Re: Delete contacts in Skype windows 8

I agree. And deleting a contact is not very intuitive either. One cannot delete a contact directly from the contacts list but has to open the contact first.

benpal
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 2 of 5 (2,507 Views)

This double click here and click there is a lot of bull and confusing as there is no tab or instuctions.

Perhaps easy when you know all but hard for new new customers.

It is amazing that the so called smart people at microcoft copied the same annoying things from apple. It took me a while to figure things out.. Skype is not made easy on 8 ..Very dissapointing 

wwludwig
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 3 of 5 (2,493 Views)

I totally agree. It has gone from being functional in Window XP, vista, etc to very disfunctional in Windows 8.  Isn't new technology supposed to improve things, not take them back 10 years.

nzg0610
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 4 of 5 (1,901 Views)

Skype 8 is a total joke - very frustrating and no features to speak of

nzg0610
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 5 of 5 (1,900 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling