Delete contacts Windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Delete contacts Windows 8

Hi, I added some numbers and Skype users on my old Skype version, and now that I have my new laptop (Windows :cool: with the new version of Skype, I would like to delete and block some contacts, but I don't see where to manage my contacts.

Can I have some assistance, please? Thank you.

Please use plain text.
Ca-Om-Pi
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 13
Message 1 of 37 (102,662 Views)

Re: Delete contacts Windows 8

Run Skype. Under people, select the contact you want to remove >> Right Click >> Click Remove.

deletecontactmui.png

You can also use People Website to manage contacts

http://people.live.com/?rru=contacts

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Please use plain text.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6100
Message 2 of 37 (102,650 Views)

This opens a list of recent calls and opens the task bar to add contacts == there is no option to delete
Please use plain text.
russmerritt1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 3 of 37 (102,542 Views)

You have to right click on that page then you will see the remove button.

removecontacts1.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Please use plain text.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6100
Message 4 of 37 (102,542 Views)

Computer language was the problem. To select an item for me meant to high light it. In Skype it opened the contact. It took me a little while to understand that I had to right click on the opened contact to get the delete option.

Thanks for your help.

Please use plain text.
russmerritt1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 5 of 37 (102,494 Views)

Even when I right click, nothing shows up besides the home, favorite, and view profile buttons. And I can't even view the profile. Any other advice?
Please use plain text.
Danikins1395
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 6 of 37 (97,929 Views)

Open Skype on windows 8. Click on the contact you want to remove, view profile or block. Then right click on the screen. You will see the options for those in the bottom right corner.

Please use plain text.
senorita
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 7 of 37 (96,024 Views)

So, I am able to remove contacts ONE AT A TIME using the method described above. But there are dozens of old contacts from my MSN Messenger account (I haven't used Messenger in years) which were imported to my Skype contact list automatically. And there is no way to select and delete multiple contacts in Skype.

So many applications today make it all too easy to add personal info such as contact lists to an account, yet they make it unecessarily difficult to remove it. I hope this problem will be addressed in future versions of Skype for Windows 8

Please use plain text.
paulsbeatscompu
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 37 (83,540 Views)

It's probably easier to manage (including deletion) your Messenger accounts online at http://people.live.com

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
Please use plain text.
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13930
Message 9 of 37 (83,287 Views)

We can't delete from people.live.com -- it says to go to Skype.

And, in Skype for Windows 8, I have the same problem as everyone else.  There is no delete option when I click or right-click a contact.

Perhaps the Skype software needs to be updated!

Please use plain text.
lakleeman
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 6
Message 10 of 37 (82,322 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling