Cant Answer Skype Calls on Windows 8?

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Re: Cant Answer Skype Calls on Windows 8?

What is up with this problem?

How can such a simple and known problem remain unfixed for such a long time?

Microsoft, I really really do not understand you sometimes!

Mcsss
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 21 of 44 (2,393 Views)

Re: Can't Answer Skype Calls on Windows 8?

exact same problem, cant fix it though
dani.the.potato
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 22 of 44 (2,218 Views)

Have fixed this by ignoring the pre loaded Skype on Win 8 and replacing it with a downloaded desktop version. Irony is that the Win 8 advert in NZ has a young girl answering Skype on Win 8 - now THATS smoke and mirrors.

kiwisurfer
Novel Adventurer
Message 23 of 44 (2,210 Views)

Actually I do occasionally get the ability to answer a call from Win 8 version so it is not complete smoke and mirrors. I have just not been able figure out why it happens randomly

ajm345
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 24 of 44 (2,201 Views)

Problem is you cant leave it as your primary point of answer in case it does not work. I attend many Skype meetings for a charity, and really do value Skype, and that the product in its base form is free. But to not be able to answer a meeting request and then try firnd the address of the meeting, call them back  is too hard each and every time it fails. My own experience is that it fails every time and that there is no icon to answer an incomming call. Desktop Skype works fine.

kiwisurfer
Novel Adventurer
Message 25 of 44 (2,186 Views)

here is the solution delete the metro version of skype. go to the download site. download and install the desktop version. problem solved
smackpotato
Novel Adventurer
Message 26 of 44 (2,172 Views)

This is just a me-too post.  I was hoping it was an issue with Windows 8 for which there was a solution.  I hate W8.   And now this.  Anyway thanks  for the work around.

RRWLhatesW8
Novel Adventurer
Message 27 of 44 (1,632 Views)

I am pretty sure you find a play button on the right side of the screen who sent the voicemail

troublefinder
Routine Adventurer
Kudos: 2
Message 28 of 44 (1,619 Views)

troublefinder wrote:

I am pretty sure you find a play button on the right side of the screen who sent the voicemail

:bigsmile: Yes, thank you, there is a play button on the right side of the screen; however when I click it, even though the "phone" is still ringing, Skype dials the number and initiates a new call. 

RRWLhatesW8
Novel Adventurer
Message 29 of 44 (1,617 Views)

Hi

How come there is no way to answer a skype call/video call?? This is really frustrating!! I have to use my Apple Ipad to use Skype? Why??

Arraj
Novel Tourist
Message 30 of 44 (1,613 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling