Cannot edit Skype contacts using Windows 8 from la...

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot edit Skype contacts using Windows 8 from laptop

I cannot find way to edit my contacts using the Skype app on Windows 8. I can only add contacts, but not edit or even view the details of existing contacts. So for example, I have three contact icons for the same person, but I cannot see if it's just a phone number or their Skype address, etc.

I tried using the desktop version, but it now only shows my *account* details, not my contacts. Help. 

jpindc
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 10
Message 1 of 27 (4,815 Views)

Re: Cannot edit Skype contacts using Windows 8 from laptop

[ Edited ]

You can use People app.

editcontact.png

editcontact1.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6514
Message 2 of 27 (4,812 Views)

Hi Tamim! That was very helpful, but I still can't get it to edit. I was able to open my contact and see her two Skype addresses, but when I select "edit," it only shows the name of the contact but I cannot see the rest of the existing info. 

I guess I can try linking them, and just save the one I want. But it is not a very clean, user-friendly way to do things. 

Thank you!

jpindc
Casual Adventurer
Message 3 of 27 (4,805 Views)

Click on View profile.

editcontact2.png

editcontact3.png

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 4 of 27 (4,796 Views)

Yes, but when I try to edit "Other" there is no option for Skype. Will it automatically know that I'm editing the contact's Skype info?

jpindc
Casual Adventurer
Message 5 of 27 (4,787 Views)

[ Edited ]

Which version of Skype do you use?

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 6 of 27 (4,783 Views)

The Windows 8 app...

Thank you,

Juanita

jpindc
Casual Adventurer
Message 7 of 27 (4,780 Views)

Currently there is no option to do this. Using People app you can only add details to a Skype contact.

Regards,
Tamim

Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 8 of 27 (4,762 Views)

Thank you for the clarification -- any idea if they're working to improve this? It seems that having the option to easily edit contacts from the Skype page would be a no-brainer....
jpindc
Casual Adventurer
Message 9 of 27 (4,749 Views)

Yes when will this be available. As it is set up at the moment it makes a what could be a great program, useless. All contacts in people have no information from skype and in window 8 metro skype you cannot even see the number you are calling. So if you have a large amount of contacts in skype then you have to go back to the phonebook, tin can and string. Please look into this it has so much promise but is missing some basic things that make it functional.

Cheers Daniel

digitalfuel
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 11
Message 10 of 27 (4,149 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling