Can't see Menu Bar in Windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!

Can't see Menu Bar in Windows 8

Please help... I'm new to Windows 8. I have the latest version of Skype. But I can't see any Menu Bar. All I can see is Home (at the top), Add Number & Save Number (at the bottom).

I have done a restart since I installed it, which I assume is the same as logging out and back in again. I have merged my skype and hotmail and want to merge my facebook contacts too, but without the Menu Bar I havent got any "Options"....

chris-macleod
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 7
Message 1 of 21 (11,206 Views)

Re: Can't see Menu Bar in Windows 8

You can install latest Skype desktop Client with this link:
http://www.skype.com/go/getskype-full

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6862
Message 2 of 21 (11,160 Views)

that link you provided gave me Skype on my desktop and I easily connected my mic but the other screen with Skype app still doesn't have a menu bar that I can see to allow me to entry the menu so I can turn on my mic using the app also.
badrobot216th
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 21 (10,311 Views)

Same issue, did you guys get the solution?

darreng247
Novel Tourist
Message 4 of 21 (10,011 Views)

I am having the same issue. How can they release a version witout this basic functionality???? Don't they do even the most basic testing before the release?

SamOne
Novel Tourist
Message 5 of 21 (9,660 Views)

I'm having the same issue. Can you make calls if you turn your camera on without Options/Video?
leebr
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 21 (9,317 Views)

I'm having the same issue.  Where is the menu bar?

BusinessJunkie
Novel Tourist
Message 7 of 21 (8,707 Views)

lnorte
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 21 (8,361 Views)

I have the same problem! I have a new computer with Windows 8 on it, and have installed Skype for Windows 8, but the menu bar is missing! Have you found a solution meanwhile?

willemsensmoers
Novel Tourist
Message 9 of 21 (7,645 Views)
lnorte
Novel Adventurer
Message 10 of 21 (7,632 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling