App for Windows 8 are really bad

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

App for Windows 8 are really bad

[ Edited ]

The apps Microsoft made for Skype are really bad.

Any chance for a update so you have some chance of getting to things like call and chat and make it more clear who are online.

Out of a lot of bad apps for windows 8 this take the cake!!

ReneSkou
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 26
Message 1 of 50 (10,486 Views)

Re: App for Windows 8 are really bad

[ Edited ]

I have to agree with ReneSkou, in my experience so far Skype for Windows 8 are really bad!

Calls don't connect... I've tested using another computer running Windows 7 to call the same skype account without any issue. It's the definitely the Windows 8 app.

Packmule
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 14
Message 2 of 50 (10,294 Views)

[ Edited ]

I can't get video skype to work at all for W8 Laptop or new W8 Nokia 920 phone, and there is nothing in the Apps to enable any sort of control.  Bring back Messenger please!  It has worked fine for many many years, Skype is a massive virus.

Microsoft, please try to be a little less suicidal as a corporation.

All the functionality of Messenger W7 has been stripped out, leaving zero for Skype W8.  This is a common problem for all W8 apps, enormously frustrating.  I'll be maintaining W7 desktop for years, the W8 Laptop and phone are reduced to childish toys, not meant for serious work or communication.

Tekstiles
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 3 of 50 (10,255 Views)

[ Edited ]

You are right. It is impossible to run the app on my new PC with Windows 8. The screen turns into blue for a sec. and switch back to desktop. It does not work!

frodsnaj
Casual Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 4 of 50 (10,196 Views)

[ Edited ]

Uninstall Skype App by right clicking it and selecting uninstall. Go to www.skype.com and download regular Skype version for desktop.  I was done messing with that App as well.  You can not sign out, interface is all backwards, can't find any positive to say about Skype App.  Back to old desktop version/

hdvid
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 9
Message 5 of 50 (10,038 Views)

Re: App for Windows are really bad

[ Edited ]

I have to agree...this new windows8 skype really ---...and i thought the ipod veresion was bad I WILL NOT RECOMEND WINDOWS8 SKYPE APP TO ANYONE UNTIL THE IMRPOVE AND OR FIX IT

razspirit
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 6 of 50 (9,913 Views)

[ Edited ]

This is an international Community.  Common colloquialisms, words and phrases used in the Western Hemisphere are potentially offensive to others.  In deference to international sensibilities, this thread has been edited to conform with the Community Guidelines and Etiquette

__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Was your question answered? Please click on the Accept as a Solution link so everyone can quickly find what works! Like a post or want to say, "Thank You" - ?? Click on the Kudos button!

Please note:   To remove (delete) a Skype Account, you must contact Skype Customer Service directly. We here in the Community cannot process account-related service requests.

Trustworthy information: Brian Krebs: 3 Basic Rules for Online Safety and Consumer Reports: Guide to Internet Security

Online Safety Tips: Do not accept contact invitations from anyone whom you do not know, and change your passwords regularly and often.

Do you have a Skype trick up your sleeve?  Share your Solutions and Tips with us!

Elaine
Moderator icon
Kudos: 1809
Message 7 of 50 (9,897 Views)

Have to agree as well.
Oh so many basic features are missing.
And for that matter, a few very important features are missing as well.
Like, for example, getting notifications from people who write to you... <_<
xixit
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 8 of 50 (9,863 Views)

[ Edited ]

Is there a reason "Elaine" (http://community.skype.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/88058) had to edit/moderate EVERY one of the posts here?

This thread started some time ago, so please correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like the word "sucks" was replaced with "are really bad" in the last 12 hours.

The only reason I bring this up is because this is censorship and let me tell you Elaine that it is NOT helping Microsoft/Skype's case here!

If something SUCKS it means it IS REALLY BAD. The word "sucks" is VERY well known throughout the english speaking world to mean this. Any moderation on the grounds that the moderation was done "In deference to international sensibilities" is ridiculous! This stinks of corporate censorship!

Rather than censor everyone's comments, how about you (the company) just fix the issues and let us know they are fixed OR if fixing them isn't going to happen in the near future at least let us know that you're working on it!

I have not seen even one official comment by Skype or Microsoft staff regarding this issue! NOT ONE! That implies to me that there is something seriously wrong and its almost definitley not going to be fixed any time soon!

Perhaps after all these years of being a happy customer it is time to start looking at moving away from Skype to another service...

Packmule
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 14
Message 9 of 50 (9,858 Views)

[ Edited ]

I can't send messages.

No really, I can't.

I've gotten a few messages to go through and OBVIOUSLY I am on the internet if I can post this. SO WHY?! Why wont the messages go through? I Still have the OLD desktop verison and just two days ago it was working perfectly! What the hell happened? I didn't do anything! I didn't move anywhere! This is just frustration as all heck. I got maybe ONE message to go through to a group, but trying to talk to my friend is just impossible without the video, or the microphone calling. That worked when i tried it out... but Since this 'glitch' you call it started happening I have dared to try it because I have a feeling windows 8 would screw it up.

Yes I got a new laptop, with windows 8....my god. I though my vista was bad and had to screw around for hours until something finally worked, glitching when loading flash making me have it go to sleep mode then pulling it back up working just fine. I would take THAT over not being able to talk to anyone.

I mean seriously? I've already tried to reintstall it, but it didn't work. I went for the old desktop verison. Really? This just pisses me off to no end. I am not one to complain, I usually try to fix things on my own but... well here I can't. I have no idea really how W8 works, I'm still getting used to it, so I have no idea what to do.

Once more I AM ON THE INTERNET, so why doesn't it work?

tarielcorbeau
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 4
Message 10 of 50 (9,837 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling