Accepting Contact Requests on Windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Accepting Contact Requests on Windows 8

I have a brand new laptop, which of course is running Windows 8.  Skype is running well on this laptop, but I have one small problem.  I have had a contact request, and am unable to follow the instructions provided by Skype to accept this request, because I can't access the profile of the person in order to do so.  I have right clicked the screen when in the request window, and no "go to profile" icon or text is visible.  When I click on "add contact" I get a screen which is a request from me to the other person.  We could be sending each other requests for ever, and not get connected!  Please can someone advise me on this?  Thanks in advance. :bigsmile:

Marie

mariekirkwood
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 5 (2,915 Views)

Re: Accepting Contact Requests on Windows 8

I am having a similar problem in Windows 8:  I know that Contact Requests have been sent to me, but I am unable to find them.  They never appear in "Recent" even after a couple of days - and I am thus unable to Accept these Requests.  How do I Accept a Contact Request in Windows 8?

JOHN903
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 7
Message 2 of 5 (1,455 Views)

Same here!!!!!!!
I really really hate skype for windows!!!!!!!!!!!
Please bring the old skype back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

davide93
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 5 (737 Views)

You can install the "good-old" desktop version using this msi-installer for the currently latest 6.14.0.104 version:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.14.0.104.msi

ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6926
Message 4 of 5 (732 Views)

Hi there,

I still think skype has got a very bad direction after microsoft put his dirty hands on it.

I want to decide when to turn it on I want decide when I want to turn it off.

Why now to close it I have to run the task manager to kill it?
Please fix this mess with microsoft once forever.

Best,

Davide

davide93
Novel Adventurer
Message 5 of 5 (612 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling