skype problems on windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving
Accepted Solution

skype problems on windows 8

I just bought a windows 8 laptop. I logged into Skype but I can not see where to add contacts. There is no tool bar at the top of the screen.

Tamim
Super Aviator

images.message_type_solution.altAccepted Solution

Try Below:

Run Skype and right click on Home screen then click add contact.

add a contact ms2.PNG

Alternatively, Run Skype >> WinKey + C >> Search

Type your contacts name in the search bar.

add a contact ms.PNG

Select the contact then Click add to contacts.

add a contact ms1.PNG

You may Refer:

Adding contacts (Windows 8 )

View solution in original post
tgbraman
Casual Adventurer
Kudos: 3
Message 1 of 16 (13,693 Views)

Re: skype problems on windows 8

Try Below:

Run Skype and right click on Home screen then click add contact.

add a contact ms2.PNG

Alternatively, Run Skype >> WinKey + C >> Search

Type your contacts name in the search bar.

add a contact ms.PNG

Select the contact then Click add to contacts.

add a contact ms1.PNG

You may Refer:

Adding contacts (Windows 8 )

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6006
Message 2 of 16 (13,690 Views)

One solution was to right click on Home screen then add contact. What exactly is the "Home Screen"? Do you right click on your My Account page? I tried this and it didn't work - where exactly do I right click?  I am set up on Skype and I just got a new laptop with windows 8 and I cannot locate the menu bar to add a contact.

Thank you in advance for any help.

lmbm
Novel Adventurer
Message 3 of 16 (12,234 Views)

[ Edited ]

lmbm,

Please moved to your own thread.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8/I-cannot-locate-the-menu-bar-to-add-contacts-on-windows-8/m-...

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6006
Message 4 of 16 (12,156 Views)

As far as I know, there is no menu bar... no easy way to add contacts.. so preferences to show if you want to appear 'available' or other options like previous versions.
cmae915
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 16 (11,977 Views)

I also bought a laptop that came with W8. Skype does not show my contacts list!!!!! I cannot find where they are to call them either using my account and credits or by  skype online WHERE DO I GO TO GET THEM BACK??????? I had Windows XP before.....HELPPPPPP! I need some of those phone numbers attached to Skype contacts...... Thanks...anyone!

mariliza_callaw
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 4
Message 6 of 16 (11,158 Views)

Seriously Microsoft What Are You DOING?????\

Stop maximizing everything in Windows 8 and making it hard to find stuff and totally ruining my user experience, at first I loved Windows 8, but it's annoying control of how I use my PC is absoutely crap, FFS, let me change Skype from Full Screen DAMMM

testerj
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 11
Message 7 of 16 (6,312 Views)

You could just install the desktop version of skype, since skype app for windows 8 is kind of limited in functionality at the moment. But MS is preparing new releases and updates in the near future to the skype app.

0 Kudos
coolithelp
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 8 of 16 (5,850 Views)

I signed up for SKYPE and COmmunity and I wish to add contacts --I signed in but the add friends icon does NOT appear. My profile is 80% completed but the other 20% shows link to Microsoft account --it will not let me click on it !!! How can I solve the problem. I am signed in to my SKYPE account..PLease this is day number 2 trying to solve this.

0 Kudos
highflyer
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 9 of 16 (4,882 Views)

it is hard for me to belive the ms people were able to f... u...p the perfect program skype

I am using windows pad and it is almost impossible to figure skype if you linl it with windows 8

I am amaced they could mess the program so well.

I am considering to throw all my windows gear to the dump and get APPLE FOR EVRYTHING.

SAD BUT TRUE.

Pekka
Novel Tourist
Message 10 of 16 (4,436 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling