no notifications on windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

no notifications on windows 8

Hi, I have migrated over to the new windows 8 and now do not get any notifications when someone calls me, IMs, or sends a contract request.  Have looked hard but cannot seeem to find how one manages notification settings with the new apps version. Can anyone help please?

judykarwacki
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 1
Message 1 of 8 (7,716 Views)

Re: no notifications on windows 8

[ Edited ]

I got the same issue, been bothering me cause I've been searching google for a solution and haven't found one, and I have notifications enabled.

When in the skype app hover over top right corner of the screen to open the charms bar, click settings, click permissions, and there you will see the option for skype notifications.

but yeah, like i said, I have them enabled, and it still doesn't work for me. My friends are teling me that skype says I'm offline if I bring up another app into view. But i find it weird that it's not affecting everyone, hopefully this is a problem that can get fixed. It's really annoying. :sad:

I'm just glad I'm not the only one that is having this problem.

0 Kudos
blackneko89
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 2 of 8 (7,678 Views)

Please answer all of the following diagnostic questions in your very next reply:

What anti-virus application or security suite is installed?
What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?
What third-party firewall (if any)?

try to open the page with IE-32bit and post the result
https://apps.skype.com/home/

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6182
Message 3 of 8 (7,673 Views)

[ Edited ]

Anti-virus: default windows 8

anti-spyware: nothing besides defender

no third party firewall

just did a windows 8 refresh to see if it would fix my problem, so that's why i don't really have anything installed at the moment.

um.. and the result I got for opening that page in IE was...

"Find your friends and say hello
Look for Skype contacts in your address book, then send an instant message or make a free video call - just to say hi!

Search address book"

Thanks

0 Kudos
blackneko89
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (7,671 Views)

ry this.

go to C:\Program Files\WindowsApps Properties and Give full permissions to your Microsoft Account User ID

winapps.PNG

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 5 of 8 (7,665 Views)

Yes, I tried that but it tells me I have no permission to access WindowsApps. What do I do now?

0 Kudos
nevenagg
Novel Tourist
Message 6 of 8 (7,246 Views)

try this.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-8-metro-apps-folder-location

Regards,
Tamim

0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Message 7 of 8 (7,242 Views)

I have done this now what?

Tamim wrote:

try this.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/windows-8-metro-apps-folder-location

0 Kudos
MG321
Novel Adventurer
Message 8 of 8 (3,893 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling