Windows 8 Webcam Issues

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Windows 8 Webcam Issues

[ Edited ]

Ever since I got my new laptop with Windows 8, I've been so excited to chat with friends.

The problem is that every friend I try Skyping, they all say that when we chat, they can't see me through my webcam. It shows on their laptops or computers that my webcam is still loading.

Even though they can't see me, they can hear me.

I've tried changing the webcam button to off, they say it just shows my profile picture.

And when I turn the webcam button back on, it still says its loading..

I've stayed on a web call for nearly half an hour and they still say it is loading

PLEASE HELP

0 Kudos
ruthieee123
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 8 (4,999 Views)

Re: Windows 8 Webcam Issues

did you verify with your contacts that they are running the latest Skype version from www.skype.com/go/download ?
Also please check on your end in the Skype app's settings that your webcam is showing a picture.

Keep your Skype up to date
Did my reply answer your question? Accept it as a solution to help others, Thanks.
0 Kudos
Claudius
Community Manager
Community Manager icon
Kudos: 13421
Message 2 of 8 (4,908 Views)

Hey, well the problem is probably not from Skype, but the computer - I cannot find the webcam on it, and neither on Skype, but when I was making a video for my YouTube channel, I couldnt find the webcam anywhere on my computer :sad:.  I have also just uploaded to windows 8, and I am googling where I can find the webcam, maybe you should do the same!

0 Kudos
AlanAth
Novel Tourist
Message 3 of 8 (3,122 Views)

my microsoft LifeCam 3000 is not biend found for skype for windows 8 even though it is found in and I can use it in yahoo messanger so I know it does work but not in skype

0 Kudos
ninja_english
Novel Adventurer
Message 4 of 8 (1,170 Views)

Hi,

Does your camera work in Windows 8 Camera app?

Thank you

0 Kudos
kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 174
Message 5 of 8 (1,149 Views)

my webcam does not work on the windows 8 app but I loaded the skype for desktop and it works there

0 Kudos
ninja_english
Novel Adventurer
Message 6 of 8 (1,146 Views)

Hi,

Which version of Skype are you using?
Which exact model of laptop/webcam are you using?
Does your camera work in Windows 8 Camera app?

Thank you

0 Kudos
kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 174
Message 7 of 8 (1,144 Views)

I installed Skype on my Windows 8 PC, and I couldn't get my Philips Webcam (SPC900NC/00) to be recognized by Skype.  I tried uninstalling my webcam through Device Manager, and that didn't work.  I finally uninstalled the driver (through the standalone driver program from Philips' website) and reinstalled it.  Now it works! 

0 Kudos
DrZoidberg
Casual Tourist
Message 8 of 8 (1,067 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling