Windows 8 App doesn't work.

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Windows 8 App doesn't work.

I'm running a clean instal of Windows 8. Skype for desktop runs perfectly, with absolutely zero issues. As for the Skype app, I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling it multiple times. I always get  the two requests, asking if Skype can have access to my Camera and Microphone, and if Skype can stay active in the background. After this, the screen goes to the Skype logo with the Windows loading dots, then after a few minutes gives me the message telling me that skype has failed, and to either close it or try again.

Squirrelkun
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 2
Message 1 of 6 (10,528 Views)

Re: Windows 8 App doesn't work.

Did you receive any error code / messages?
What is the exact error message?
Are you behind a VPN?
What is the type of internet connection you are using?
Do you have any security software installed on the computer?
Do you have Hamachi LogMeIn installed?
Did a Free-trial antivirus come preinstalled on the computer when you bought it?
Do you have any other p2p (BiTtorrent, Team Viewer) software installed on the computer?

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6077
Message 2 of 6 (10,521 Views)

Well, I have the same problem. Here are the answers to your questions:
- I did not receive any error code / messages
- None
- I am using wireless interenet with excellent strength
- there is just Windows Firewall
- I have hamachi logmein installed and it is power off.
- nope
- Yes, I have BitTorrent installed
0 Kudos
FaizanKhan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 3 of 6 (10,183 Views)

i uninstalled hamachi logmein but the problem still persists

0 Kudos
win8_789
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 4 of 6 (8,990 Views)

[ Edited ]

I have finally got Skype App to work. This is the problem:
-  when you install hamachi, you add another network driver onto your computer. When uninstalling, this driver does not self-uninstall. The easiest way to uninstall this driver is to Refresh you PC. By this, the PC and all its drivers will be updated and it will remove all registry files for programs not on the PC.  (Use this method only if your PC doesn't uninstall the driver after uninstallation of Hamachi). After this, you can install all necessary updates for Skype via Store. And, there, you have your Skype up and running. If problems still continue, please email me at *email removed for privacy* . :tongue:

FaizanKhan
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 1
Message 5 of 6 (8,892 Views)

Hi, i've the problem same with TS.. and does't clear until today.. i've recently install windows 8, and then i install skype.. nothing apps before skype installed..

0 Kudos
Fadillah
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 6 of 6 (5,984 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling