Windows 8 App and Windows Desktop on Windows 8

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Windows 8 App and Windows Desktop on Windows 8

OK.. The Skype WIndows 8 App, does not allow my to share my desktop or use two monitors.  So I downloaded the desktop version.  It works fine, however the only way to "kill" it is to go the the task manager and shut it down.  I do not use it regulary enough to warrant leaving it run in the background.  Will the Windows 8 App ever be acceptable for multi monitors or desktop sharing.?

0 Kudos
huperetes1
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 1 of 4 (523 Views)

Re: Windows 8 App and Windows Desktop on Windows 8

Try Below:

reset skype in safe mode w/n, run Skype and disable uPnP.

http://community.skype.com/t5/Windows-8/Can-t-login-to-skype/m-p/1351451/highlight/true#M6208

you can also try to disabling automatic startup of Skype.

Tools >> Options... >> General settings >> Uncheck "Start Skype when I start Windows."

Restart to Normal Mode.

Regards,
Tamim
__________________________________________________________________________________________
Location - Dhaka | Bangladesh - Standard Time Zone: GMT/UTC + 06:00 hour

If one of my replies has adequately addressed your issue, please click on the “Accept as Solution” button. If you found a post useful then please "Give Kudos" at the bottom of my post, so that this information can benefit others.
0 Kudos
Tamim
Super Aviator
Kudos: 6097
Message 2 of 4 (515 Views)

I also want to use the desktop sharing and the "normal skype". how can i download the desktop version?

thank you!

0 Kudos
kate2013
Novel Tourist
Kudos: 0
Message 3 of 4 (430 Views)

You can install the currently latest Skype 6.3.0.107 version using this msi-installer:

http://download.skype.com/msi/SkypeSetup_6.3.0.107.msi

0 Kudos
ruwim
Community Ambassador
Community Ambassador icon
Kudos: 6078
Message 4 of 4 (421 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling