Hi, I am geting this problem:
We can't open Skype. You are already signed in on this computer. Please sign out and try again.
What I can do is delete skype folder in %appdata%
Then I can login, BUT next time I start skype i get same problem again.
Windows 8 -64bit.
Skype version 188.8.131.52 (same problem with 184.108.40.206)
Any solution for this?
Solved! Go to Solution.
First Sync Your Clock With Internet Time Server.
Exit Skype : From the system tray >> right click on the skype icon and click "Quit"
Press WinKey + R to open the Run window
WinKey (the button is located between the left Ctrl and Alt with the Windows logo)
type: %programdata%\Skype\Apps and press Enter
Rename the folder login to login1.
Again Press WinKey + R
type: %appdata% and press Enter
Rename the folder Skype to Old_Skype
Try to uninstalling Skype with Revo Uninstaller
Download and Run Revo
Right Click on Skype and Select Uninstall
Windows Installer Launched >> Click Yes
Check Advanced Button >> Click Scan
In Found Leftover Registry itms window >> Click Select All >> Then Click Delete >> Next
In Found Leftover files and folders window >> Click Select All >> Then Click Delete >> Next
Now try reinstalling latest Skype with this link:
You can make a backup by following the instructions below.
try Portable Skype
What is Skype Portable and what's the difference between this one and the regular one from Skype.com?
Thanks for the link.
I am using skype for business and personal communications for already 6 years. It was always ok.
Recently I purchased Samsung series 9 with windows 8 on it. I have upgaded the skype, uninstalled all antiviruses and bloatware (only MS defender and firewall are installed), and updated to the latest version of skype (6.0.0.xx).
From the day 1 of using the skype on windwos 8 (win8, then upgraded to Windows 8 Pro) I am getting the issues described in this thread.
1. Skype (for Desktop) opens properly and I sign in ok.
2. Then during the day I am required to switch the network between wifi, 3G or LAN and sometimes (1-3 times a day) skype appears to be online for me but I don't receive any message from others. My messages are not sent as well (the loading icon keeps spinning near my messages). It may take hours until I realize the reasons for suspicious silence.
3. As a solution I try to relogin to skype however if I sign out and try to login skype hangs.
4. After I force close the skype application and restart it, I receive the message "We can't open Skype. You are already signed in on this computer. Please sign out and try again." upon login attempt.
5. If I quit skype I can see skype.exe process in the task manager still running and I cannot kill/end it. The "Access Denied" message appears.
The only solution is to restart Windows 8, which is not an option in the long run.
I shall note that no one else in the office (running windows 7) have this issue.
Do you have a definite solution to this issue or do you know if there is a patch or an update planned by Skype or MS teams to fix this issue?
Please help, otherwise I shall downgrade to Windows 7 or get rid of Skype. Both options will be harmful to me.
Thanks a lot!
Please try disabling uPnP
In Skype, Tools >> Options >> Advanced >> Advanced Settings >> Connection >> uncheck the enable uPnP and click Save.