Video not working with webcam

Welcome to the Skype community. To get started please read our short welcome post. Thanks!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
This topic has been archived.
To keep discussions in the Skype Community relevant we archive topics that haven't seen activity in the past 6 months. Read more about about archiving

Re: Video not working with webcam

I am having the exact same problem

I use HP Truevision HD as the camera and

1.1.0.25 Version of Skype

On my laptop my camera works fine but when it comes to skype the light by my camera comes on and that is it. The person still can't see me :-/

0 Kudos
Pinkaroo8
Novel Adventurer
Kudos: 0
Message 11 of 55 (1,546 Views)

I was mistaken. Camera app does not recognize Lifecam. thanks

0 Kudos
teebomus
Novel Adventurer
Message 12 of 55 (1,544 Views)

I have windows 8. I can see other people just fine, however the person I am skyping with only sees green. I need help!
0 Kudos
danielle_wandel
Novel Tourist
Message 13 of 55 (1,439 Views)

Having a problem on the most recent version of Skype getting my video to show up.  I'm using a Sony Vaddio and a Proview XLR8 to process the video and input it into the PC through USB.  I have done this with other machines that are not on the very latest version of Skype and it has worked very well.  It doesn't say that it can't see the video, I just get the spinning wheel, like it's thinking.  The version may not be the issue, but the video is working on every other program I can check it with.  

We use a Skype quite often here at my work, and would like to keep using it, but now I'm afraid to update the rest of our machines for fear they won't work moving forward.  

Thanks,

Jeff

0 Kudos
takodawg
Novel Adventurer
Message 14 of 55 (1,172 Views)

Hi,

Which version of Skype are you using (Desktop/Metro)?
Does your input video work in Windows 8 Camera app?

Thank you

0 Kudos
kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 174
Message 15 of 55 (1,157 Views)

We are on desktop and we are on Win 7, so I don't know if it works with the Win 8 cam app.  

thanks

Jeff

0 Kudos
takodawg
Novel Adventurer
Message 16 of 55 (1,148 Views)

how do I turn on my Web cam which is installed in my computer. which has windows 8 and is HP. everything else is working fine. I can make phone calls and it works. Can you please tell or explain how to get this problem solve.

0 Kudos
drewgarcia
Novel Adventurer
Message 17 of 55 (1,143 Views)

hey can you tell me how to turn on my web cam. Windows 8 and HP

0 Kudos
drewgarcia
Novel Adventurer
Message 18 of 55 (1,141 Views)

Still not working.  We have computers with 6.1 on them and they use the Proview drivers perfectly.  6.2 not so much.  The Proview drivers are the newest they have but are from 2008.  We need these to work since we have so many on campus.  Please get back to me with a fix or let the folks doing updates know so they can find a way to enable them again.

Thanks,

jeff

0 Kudos
takodawg
Novel Adventurer
Message 19 of 55 (1,119 Views)

Hi,

Can you please provide logs as described in this link. Either attach them to the forum post or mail it to kmudrovcic at hotmail.com.

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
kerojarun
Staff Moderator
Staff Moderator icon
Kudos: 174
Message 20 of 55 (1,111 Views)

© 2014 Skype and/or Microsoft. The Skype name, associated trade marks and logos and the "S" logo are trade marks of Skype or related entities. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of the Terms of Use and Privacy and Cookie policy.

No emergency calls with Skype
Skype is not a replacement for your telephone and can't be used for emergency calling